Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What are the recommended tyre pressures?

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darren.b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 22:02    Post subject: Tyre Pressure Reply with quote

Hi I recently became the proud owner of a 92 LWB 2.5. It came fitted with after market 16" alloys and 265/70/16 boots. Anyone know what pressure these should be run on. I see from previous posts 28 psi is recomended for standard 15" boots.Any advise greatly recieved. Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

darren

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 23:17    Post subject: tyre pressure Reply with quote

hi darren, i've got the same 2.5 lwb 92' with 16'' alloys 265/70/16 tyres. front 2.0 bar ,rear with up to 5 people 2.0 bar,rear towing 2.4 bar,speeds above 160km/h all at 2.2 bar. sorted. all the best from darren
darren.b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers darren. A great help
Duff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 21:39    Post subject: Bar PSI Conversion Reply with quote

Darren who posted 2Bar info.

On a conversion chart I see 2Bar is = to 29.01psi. Do you run at 29psi or factor up to 30psi? In your experience have you noticed any difference? Reason for asking is that my 3.5GDI SWB has been a bit skittery recently i.e. slewing tendancy through roundabouts. I know we cant chuck 4x4 round corners like saloons, but nevertheless I am not very confident, except at slow speeds.
I suspect my front tyres may be slightly deflated? Last time I checked they were showing 27psi front 29 psi rear.
Any advice from anyone with same size tyre appreciated.

Regards,
Ian.
fraser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 23:27    Post subject: tyre pressure??? Reply with quote

hi could anyone tell me the correct tyre pressure to put in a j reg,[92] 2.5 td pajero? I have been advised 24 in the front and 29 in the back but this seems quite low...the tyres are yokahmas - 215/80/r15/101s geolander a/t+11.
next query, how can I get the paj to be 'higher' is it possible to fit bigger tyres or do i have to fit 16'' wheels- sorry if this sounds like i want a bigger penis extension - but i do...
TREVMC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 23:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run your tyres at 34 all round that should be puuuurfict and fitting 16"rims wont alter ride hight as bigger rims run smaller profile tyres buy a set of back h/duty springs from milner 40 quid and alter front on adjusters this lifts about an inch and a half
johnb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

adjusters???? on the front
is that the setting on the shock absorbers if so which way do you adjust them mine has 3 settings
Rally5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front suspension on a paj uses torsion bars which are adjustable.
Climb underneath and look by the side of the gearbox and you will see the adjusters. Or check your Haynes manual ( one of the things it does cover!!!!!) Laughing
kingman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 15:41    Post subject: help! tyre pressure Reply with quote

hi there,

my paj evo have set of 18" wheel & P285/60R18 114H tyre fitted and did anybody know what is the tyre pressure should be?? the hand book said it should be 1.8 for the fornt and 2.0 for the back but it only for the original 16" wheels & tyre! can anybody help??
darnouxp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:19    Post subject: Tyre Pressure Monitor gizmos Reply with quote

A work colleague told me about these little gizmos which warn you when your tyre pressure falls below a certain level. Helps reduce tyre wear.
A decent set of boots is not cheap, so well worth an investment of 14 quid for a set of 4 ?

Several companies supply them

Found this site which supplies them online at £ 3.50 each postage included:

http://www.thetyrepressuremonitor.com/index.html

Danny A, Berkshire
sartfell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 22:04    Post subject: tyre pressure Reply with quote

Rightio....yet another question from the novice. I live up in the hills in the Isle of Man and last year I had a Lada Niva (yep, I know...I just couldn't afford a decent 4x4)...anyway I pumped up the tyres and hit ice and rolled down the hill, miraculously unharmed..vehicle witten off...to the point, what are the best tyres and what pressure (slightly deflated??) in icy winter travel???

Cheers

Matt

P.S. I'll let post on how I got on with the reverse lights
panteraman500

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Paj. is the 'cold weather equipment' version. Recommended pressures are 28psi all round. Dunno if there are other variations on this theme.
Allen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

30lbs psi is about the norm polled on here awhile ago sartfell even though I run mine at 42/45. I'd suggest no lower than 25 for severe conditions but that's no substitute for knowledge.

You said you rolled down a hill, therefore you were up a hill where winter temps can vary just between the top and bottom of the same hill. I.e it can be +1 or 2 degs at the bottom but -1 or 2 degs up top depending upon height and exposure and therefore you should beware of potential icy conditions near the top and drive accordingly. Still, the main thing was you came out of it ok.

As for tyres, I'm a BF Goodrich AT man myself but you should get quite a few variations from the lads and lasses on here. Smile
Saikee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in your case a tyre biased to snow condition is more important to the tyre pressure.

Snow tyre has narrow zig-zag groves that trap snow to provide a better grip. Additionally the tyre compound is softer and more suited to icy and snow surface than normal tyres manufactured with high mileages in mind.

In places with a long season of snow like European Alps and Scandinavia the poor man's Pajero is a set of winter tyres!

In UK pure snow tyres don't sell well as we have a short snowing season if there is one at all and the soft tyres don't last long. However you can get a all-season tyres having some ability to cope with snow and icy surface.
swild

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 22:20    Post subject: tyre pressures front and rear Reply with quote

please could any one tell me the right pressures for 275 70 R16 the wheels are not standard ones but come with paj the door piller sticker dos not show this size Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: