Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Direction - on form RT101.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paysansg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 18:44    Post subject: Direction - on form RT101.2 Reply with quote

Am trying to get going with filling out the form for DREAL and am stuck... can anyone tell me exactly what they want in response to:

6. DIRECTION: Type assistance direction  Question

The microscopic printing on the Mitsubishi description gives the type of direction but doesn't address whatever "type assistance direction" is (and unfortunately these three words do not translate on Google to anything that I associate with my car's steering!).

Really tempted to send this form back and ask for it in English  Rolling Eyes

Merci bien.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 18:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

muddyricer

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power steering?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Can't remember offhand, but give me til Wednesday and i'll get on the case.. Confused
paysansg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

muddyricer - power steering appears to be what they are asking about... just funny that the previous "question" appears to ask the same thing... unless it is just asking if the car has steering!!

Daisy - look forward to hearing from you  Very Happy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We're back home, and I had a look on my form I filled out - I (think I can)   remember this question, but the paperwork has got separated. I'll get back on the case tomorrow morning - it's filed in the house - somewhere  Confused  . We got our greyhound back from the kennels .. the neighbour's cat was in our garden... guess what happened !  Rolling Eyes I had to do a bit of first aid after Sabi greyhound ran into the box trailer with her shoulder.. I don't think it's serious, but you'd think she was at death's door - she's a drama queen.
paysansg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back... ouch for poor Sabi... hope she has a quick recovery.

We have been in contact with DREAL and have been told that when we have everything ready we can just present ourselves at our local office... no rendezvous necessary  Surprised  so am planning to head off there next week.

Meantime, OH has got a piece of aluminium cut to size and I have been practising with an old engraving tool that I bought years ago and have never bothered using (!) in preparation to do the biz with the weights Wink

And the sun is shining... happy days.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - I still can't find all of the dossier .. but I'll keep looking - it's there somewhere Rolling Eyes  I can find the one I filled out for the trailer .. but of course it has no steering so that bit has a line through it Laughing
I'm not l exactly sure what they want to know - but I know direction is steering. I've tried various translations - but perhaps they want the type of steering - like rack and pinion - maybe the fact it's just the front wheels that steer?  Confused . There were a few things on the form that I wasn't 100% about, but as long as you're not dealing with M Garandel in Bordeaux  Evil or Very Mad , you should be OK - they are quite understanding if you make the odd mistake and as long as you haven't  left really important things out like weights etc, or told complete untruths, you should get an appointment. This form covers all things, from proper manufactured cars like ours to homemade trailers, caravans and kit cars, so I guess they have to put lots of questions that aren't always necessary. If in doubt but you've filled out everything else, write that bit in English and stick a question mark by their question.

A small word of advice: DON'T ASK FOR THE FORM IN ENGLISH WHATEVER YOU DO !!!! - What reaction would you expect if someone who has moved to UK asked for a form in their own language to register their foreign LHD car ?? Wink  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - the steering has already conformed in yoiur partial conformity, so it shouldn't be a big worry. Lights, seatbelts and lots of E numbers is what they want to see. Our guy didn't like the little extra mirror on the wing - no E number Rolling Eyes . Queried the seatbelts, but I told him ( in French) that others had registered their vehicles, and to check with Mitsubishi - which he did. I had to remove two bulbs so that the car only showed 2 brake lights plus the centre one. We had trouble finding the frappe a froid on the drivers side of the chassis in the rear wheel arch cause it had loads of waxoyl on it.
paysansg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daisy

No worries - I wouldn't ask for the form in English  Laughing

On the steering part I have copied the line given on the Mitsubishi document confirming that the car has power steering and written - in French - a note beside the bit about "type assistance direction" to say that I do not know exactly what they are asking but hope that what I have written answers the question.

Interestingly, seatbelts have been crossed out on the partial certificate of conformity letter that I have received. The only things left uncrossed and to be checked are lights, signalisation  and windows. Maybe Mitsubishi are taking a new stance on that. I hope so, as the ones in the Exceed are the original ones labelled with conformity for Japan and the US but not Europe. All the windows are Temperlite and have the E mark... with the exception of the windscreen, which has no visible kitemark and we are wondering if it has been replaced (possibly by the RAC, as the previous owner appears to have been insured with them). Have the same thing with the indicator light covers as you... E mark on the back ones, but not on the front (original Japan reference). Not checked the little mirror on the bonnet.

As for the frappe a froid... once again, a BIG thank you for your previous posts on this... it took more than a wire brush to find it (more like a bit of careful sandblasting!!) but it was there exactly where indicated on your photograph.

As for the weight plate - my reading of the weights on the Mitsubishi information sheet comes out the same as the ones on the photo you have uploaded previously of your Pajero. Just a tad confused by the way the numbers are laid out on the information sheet, as some appear only beneath the (3) but guess that they are relevant for all 5 types of vehicle. Would be grateful if you can confirm when you find your dossier.

Nearly there... methinks  Razz

best wishes, Tina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: