QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

BRIT PARTS GROUP (VIKING SPARES)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trucky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 22:01    Post subject: BRIT PARTS GROUP (VIKING SPARES) Reply with quote

I ordered an Air Intake Pipe off the above company over their internet site.
Despite me giving all my vehicle details when the part arrived it was the wrong one, so according to thier policy of full refund for wrong parts i posted the full package back to them.
My bank account was debited on 25th Nov 02, I posted the parcel on 3rd Dec 02 (I have postage proof),now despite 4 phone calls with a chap on the other end saying he will sort it i am still waiting for my refund. I phoned them again today and got the same response so i informed them i was contacting Trading Standards.
Trading Standards advised me to write a letter giving them a deadline of 14 days to refund my money or face court action.
The head office of this company is based in Stockport, any other members heard of or had similar experiences?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 22:01    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Steve H

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trucky

Went to their premises looking for some parts - wasn't impressed with the setup and left.

Hope you manage to get your refund sorted. Trading Standards do seem quite switched on - make sure you contact the TS for the area in which the company rather then you are based.

Steve H
Trucky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Steve
I contacted Cheshire Trading Standards assuming Stockport is in Cheshire, is there a more local body i need to be dealing with?
Steve H

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stockport have their own Trading Standards Office

www.stockport.gov.uk/Council/eed/ trading_standards/default.asp
Steve H
Trucky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

After writing to the the company and threatening with solicitors etc i recieved a cheque today with full refund, no apology though Rolling Eyes
Navigatorone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with them. Last year about August time I ordered a front right hand brake caliper from them for my Mk 1 Paj (The caliper on the Paj kept sticking on, it had a jammed piston and the wheel kept getting hot)

It arrived after a couple of days and was also the right one, just luck I suppose.

Keith
bootneck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 22:51    Post subject: Britt Parts/Viking Direct Reply with quote

Looks like I'm in the same boat, I ordered parts and paid next day delivery charges, No parcel next day, so rang and complained. Waited 4 days...Rang up and cancelled, requested a refund, same afternoon parts arrived, (I say that however the box looked mighty small for the parts ordered) I refused delivery and told courier to return to sender. 28 days later still no refund! Have sent them a letter demanding refund or court action! Their attitude on the phone stinks!! They are rude and always end 'It'll get sorted right'

I would personally suggest all club members stay well clear!
Stuey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bootneck,

What was the outcome of this, and where else did you try to get your parts from? I'm after a round LH headlight, LH indicator lens, aerial mast, clip for the parcel shelf to clip into the back of the back seat, rear screen demister switch........ I'm sure there's more, but I forget now Wink
bootneck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 13:06    Post subject: Viking parts Reply with quote

It took me 5 weeks to get money back!! They are a dodgy lot, it seems that there are a quite a few different sites under the name 'viking'. I would not take the chance with them!!

Have you tried White Horse Breakers just outside Exeter, when I was last in there they had 2 x MK1 and a Mk2 PJ/Shogun (They had told me on the phone that they didnt have one?) If your in the area give em a shot.

Good Hunting

Bootneck
Stuey

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bootneck, I'll give White Horse a try some time. I used to go there ages ago with a friend who always had cars that needed bits.

Glad you got your money back from Viking eventually.
Charmaine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone give me directionsto White Horse Breakers please
Charmaine
Stuey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what an old thread Wink

http://www.whcb.fsnet.co.uk/where_to_find_us.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Parts suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: