Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

2004 Shogun 3.2Did. Change 4wd bulb?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwhitcombe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:32    Post subject: 2004 Shogun 3.2Did. Change 4wd bulb? Reply with quote

Hi guys, apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I can't find it for this age of Shogun.

The right hand light for 4wd is not lighting at all. As far as I can tell everything else works fine, the left hand one flashes on ignition and then goes out (2wd) or stays on (4wd).

I'm hoping this is just a bulb but cannot see how to change it, or what type of bulb it is.  I've just dodged a massive bill from a Mitsi dealer to change the ac compressor by using a local (proper mechanic) garage and can't really afford another garage bill at the moment.  Can anyone point me in the direction of an idiots step by step guide as to how to do it please?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its dashboard out time and you need the correct bulbs as they are non standard, you can also use LED's but will need the correct resistor and connect them the correct way round.
iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

0. Set steering wheel height to lowest
1. Remove instrument cluster surround (2 screws under top facia - look up from below!)
2. pull forward and turn up and out
3. Release instrument cluster (4 screws at top and bottom corners)
4. Pull forward firmly and twist up and out (there are three captive plugs in the chassis behind that locate into sockets on rear of cluster - if plugs detach from chassis you'll have them on short leads and find it more difficult to release them and you'll need to refit them into the chassis after cluster removal)
5. identify bulb holder and turn through 90 degrees to remove.

See my marked up illustration of the bulbs in the thread at FAQ: Mark 3 LWB GDi Auto Instrument Bulbs Type and Quantity

I replaced all bulbs with LEDs but if you just want to replace this bulb send me a private message with your name and address and I'll pop one in the mail for you. I have a large pile of removed bulbs from two instrument clusters that I've installed LEDs in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission & 2WD / 4WD Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: