Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

leaking fuel pump 2.8 diesel quick fix

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Top tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilwil_uk

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't wait n decided to fun out myself lol still see the dribbles under the truck boooooooo
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 15:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jimbnmth

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 17:35    Post subject: leaking fuel pump 2.8 quick fix Reply with quote

brake fluid added 20 odd miles ago ( town driving ) so far so good ,no rainbows under car .
wilwil_uk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

think the usual puddle under my truck is smaller too but i know my belly guard was filled with diesel, hope its not an illusion but ive booked in with mark for the pump to be changed this week anyway so i can comfortably go back to veggie
Walt

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilwil_uk wrote:
think the usual puddle under my truck is smaller too but i know my belly guard was filled with diesel, hope its not an illusion but ive booked in with mark for the pump to be changed this week anyway so i can comfortably go back to veggie

wise decision there mate  Wink
wilwil_uk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

took my truck with the pump i got from Roy down to Mark today and couldnt find any leak on the pump so no pump change Rolling Eyes

looks like the brake fluid is doing the trick for now  Laughing and save myself a few quids
shadowbroker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the fuel tank need to be empty before adding 500ml of dot4? then adding just £5 of dev to it to burn through?  is this to keep a high concentration of dot4 in the system while its doing its thing, or to get it in and out the system pretty quick?   or would you be perfectly find to add the 500ml of dot4  to nearly a quarter tank of fuel with no problems and still get the benefits from it?

Always thought brake fluid damaged rubber, but id try it. last owner was using veg "cured"with white spirit, so can only imagine the poor seals all the way up from the tank being a little stung. had pump replaced in the summer because of it, was leaking super fast (so fast, id stall due to fuel starved at red lights, so had to keep my foot on the brakes and with my other give it a little REV). and is the reason i have stayed away from veg oil thus far, didnt want to risk adding pressure to my seals or anything, and sure didnt want to add any white spirits/thinners to the equation, kills rubbers.  anyone used this trick on veg oil aswell or mixed with anything?
Walt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowbroker wrote:
Does the fuel tank need to be empty before adding 500ml of dot4? then adding just £5 of dev to it to burn through?  is this to keep a high concentration of dot4 in the system while its doing its thing, or to get it in and out the system pretty quick?   or would you be perfectly find to add the 500ml of dot4  to nearly a quarter tank of fuel with no problems and still get the benefits from it?

Always thought brake fluid damaged rubber, but id try it. last owner was using veg "cured"with white spirit, so can only imagine the poor seals all the way up from the tank being a little stung. had pump replaced in the summer because of it, was leaking super fast (so fast, id stall due to fuel starved at red lights, so had to keep my foot on the brakes and with my other give it a little REV). and is the reason i have stayed away from veg oil thus far, didnt want to risk adding pressure to my seals or anything, and sure didnt want to add any white spirits/thinners to the equation, kills rubbers.  anyone used this trick on veg oil aswell or mixed with anything?

PM V8 Rick and get your seals changed properly mate  Wink
shadowbroker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got rick to change my fuel pump for one he had after mine died.  I'd like to use veg oil but I don't know, last pump was killed with veg oil but it was being cured with white spirit so may well b the white spirit that *beep* up the pump and not the actual oil
Spacemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veg oil itself does not harm rubber seals. It's because of either what people add to it (petrol is what you should use and is fine) or because it is not thinned properly (either by heat or petrol) and the seals are already worn so the thicker oil puts more stress on it.
shadowbroker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 0:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacemonkey wrote:
Veg oil itself does not harm rubber seals. It's because of either what people add to it (petrol is what you should use and is fine) or because it is not thinned properly (either by heat or petrol) and the seals are already worn so the thicker oil puts more stress on it.

Is that what you do, thin with petrol? If so what sort of ratio do you use?
wilwil_uk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just poured a bottle of dot4 in my 1/4 full tank and ran it

i mix 10 to 20% petrol to the veggie, if its really cold then add some diesel as well
Spacemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the mo I'm mixing the following in a white 25l drum- 10litres diesel, 1.5litres petrol. 10ml cetane booster top up with filtered wvo up to brim (about 27-30l total). Add to empty fuel tank. Repeat. Drive...
shadowbroker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does that work out per lt? Soulds like a good mix, good mpg on it?
Spacemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea exactly how much wvo in the drum, as I have no measurements 'to the brim'. Works well for me though.
shadowbroker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went tesco today. 13.99 for 15 lt of sunflower oil so just put it in the tank. Smells nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Top tips All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: