Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Bailey Caravans a word of warning.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parksy

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 15:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

garner51 wrote:
Parksy you little bu@@er

Just checked out the Kabe website

Want one so bad.... Crying or Very sad

They certainly look the business don't they? Way out of my league budget wise though  Shocked
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 15:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

the swede

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

parksy wrote:

It's surprising how het up some owners can be when they are defending their choice of caravan on a caravan forum Laughing
Bailey vs Swift owners are bad enough but if an owner of a German caravan enters the fray the balloon really goes up. I work on the premise that all UK manufactured caravans are as bad as each other with very little progress in the last 30 odd years with regard to constructing caravans which don't have some degree of water ingress according to the recent Practical Caravan Owners Survey.
I know that Hobby are regarded as pretty much run of the mill in Germany but seasonal users here like the space that they offer.  I think that UK caravan manufacturers could learn something from Kabe in Sweden because at least their caravans are nice and warm  Very Happy

Kabe, Polar and Solifer are indeed amazing and unfortunately soon one of the last caravans that are being put together properly.

Fact is that the choice of caravans on the Continent is much wider. You get brands that are closer to being a BMW or a Citroen (looking good and reasonably reliable for the first 10000 miles)(e.g. Hobby and Dethleffs), you got brands really focusing on the cheap end of the market (Caravelair etc), you got the Mercedesses and Lexusses of the group (Knaus, Tabbert) and you got the Bentleys (Kabe, etc).
It's a choice I do not find on the UK market. Especially the high end is missing.

I personally still have a Wilk (brand discontinued last year and part of the Tabbert group). Defo, I got less toys and "bling" than my mother who got a Dethleffs or than if I got a Hobby... And I paid more.
It's just that after 6 years, mine hasn't aged at all. Everything feels and works as if the caravan were new. Which I can't say from the Dethleffs or Hobby's of that age.
All comes down on what you prioritise.

Also the choice on size is much smaller with the British manufacturers. We are only a family of 3, but we do take the caravan out a lot and I really appreciate having a full bedroom for myself and the ladies, a fully seperate bedroom the other end for my son and still having a U-seat and table for lunch in the middle of the caravan. I don't need to put an awning up every time I arrive somewhere, I don't need to transform any tables into beds and I still can take a few extra people without having to change anything.

That's impossible to get in a midget-sized thing that can only be 6m20 long on 2m29 wide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Caravanning discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: