Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Certificate of conformity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pylon12010

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 21:26    Post subject: Certificate of conformity Reply with quote

I have a 1990 Pajero Exceed (which is a Japanese import), 1st registered in the uk 2000.  I need to register the car in France.  The form I need to fill in
to obtain the COC requires a 17 digit Vin number starting with the letter E which is not on my log book, my VIN number is L14993022303!! Any ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 21:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

knightstorm
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy's ya man, err woman for this  Wink
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry - I'm off out in 10 mins, will catch up with this tomorrow. You will only get a partial certificate of conformity and you won't have a VIN number with 17 digits or an E number - too early for that. Read through the registering in France thread in the meantime and i'll get back to you tomorrow  Very Happy

Here's the thread - pour yourself a glass of wine... http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87328
pylon12010

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 21:14    Post subject: COC Reply with quote

Thanks for all the info/input.  I'll see how I get on.  Watch this space!!
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you're looking at the right number? my VIN/s are V46-+ a load of numbers and V26-ditto. It's the number stamped on the chassis - in driver's side rear wheel arch. That number sounds odd to me, but it's maybe because yours is a MK1 ? - if I'm not mistaken.  Confused

Anyhow it shouldn't be a problem for Mitsubishi France to find the car if you give them the right number. I'm not sure, but a 1990 may not get anything other than an identification, as I think EU conformity was brought in later (1992 ish ?). However, the MK1 was sold in France, so with a bit of luck, a following wind, a kind DREAL inspector and some research, lots of patience etc. etc. you should get there OK. Don't be afraid to ask questions here.  Very Happy
Our 1983 Porsche 944, originally registered in Switzerland then UK, now France, didn't even need an inspection - but sorry, you won't be that lucky !  Laughing

BTW, the form does say 'habituellement 17 chiffres - which does mean 'normally' 17 numbers. All Jap imports, well older ones anyhow, have fewer numbers.
pylon12010

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that will take a look tomorrow.  Have registered 2 cars in france before, and been able to get the CT done before applying for the COC, someone has told me that cannot be done now you have to have the COC first?  Is this right?
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think you need the Cert of Conformity first for the CT - it seems to depend where you go for the CT. All of ours were done just with the UK V5 if I remember right, and the SWB Paj was  earlier this year. We did go to one CT place 3 years ago that wouldn't do a foreign car until it was registered - impossible without a CT... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: