Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Pajero Junior and Pajero Mini specs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Sayers

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 17:03    Post subject: Pajero Junior and Pajero Mini specs? Reply with quote

Hi, All, from a former Pajero (2.5 convertible) owner checking back in, and interested in buying a Junior or Mini.

However, there seems very little technical information about the two models available on the Internet, other than engine sizes. Can any member give me brief details of the transmission of either or both models  -  do either have low-ratio boxes, or diff locks? Is the 4WD full-time?

regards,

Bob
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 17:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

SpoonCivic

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Choice! congrats The H5x-series is a truly awesome little car! There is no other alternative.

Oh there is information... A lot on the net!
80% in Japanese though. Helps to know your way around JPN

Basically and from my own experience JR and Mini are the same.
Things that differs between Jr and Mini are among others:
-Engine (Jr: I4 SOCH 16V N/A (H57) Mini: I4 DOCH IC 20V (H56), I4 SOCH IC 16V (H58)) all is JDM Spec.
-Tracking is wider on Jr and front brakes are shared with Pinin
-Jr have a longer Gear Ratio than Mini and longer Front and Rear Diff. Top Speed is 160 Km/h in Jr 135 Km/h in Mini (MT)
Mini is Shortshifted.

Some models are just 2WD (basic) but all XR and VR should be 4WD with Low Range. All Jr are 4WD.
4WD system is called "Easy Select" and is the same system used in Pre Super Select Pajeros and L200's. It's just more compact in Jr and Mini.
Modes are 2H, 4H and 4L.

Some Minis are fitted with LSD at the back but some are not. My Mini is fitted with a OEM 1.5 LSD. Same should apply to Jr.
No OEM Lock on front diff.
Conversion Kits are available from Japan to buy. High Lift Suspension also.

Links:

Pajero Mini Specs

Pajero Junior Specs

Pajero Mini Wiki JPN
Bob Sayers

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 16:46    Post subject: Pinin Junior and Mini Reply with quote

Thanks for that, SpoonCivic. They specs are much as I'd presumed, but it's still nice to see it confirmed. I'm slightly limited in choice now as the re-occurrence of a back injury from years ago has made clutch operation not impossible, but certainly not much fun. The engine of the Mini is very tempting, although it won't be my first off-road vehicle with this size engine by any means, I've had Haflinger, LOHR Fardier, and Citroen Mehari in the past.

Comments on the Internet seem to suggest that low fuel consumption may not be a main reason for buying one of these, although insurance may be? I've also had a comment that in prcatice, consumption of the Junior is very little different from the 1.8 (or 1.6) Pinin. Any comments on that?

best regards,

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: