QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Potential Junior Driver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coley9508

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:38    Post subject: Potential Junior Driver Reply with quote

Good evening fellow members.  I was wondering if I could pick your collective brains.  I have found a pajero mini / junior that i want to get, its a 650cc on a 'n' reg but i cant find any record of it when i try to insure it.  Is there any way to insure the car?  Also, what are they like to own?  What do i need to look out for when i check it over?  Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure its not going to cause me too many issues.  Thank you all
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 20:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

kingsgate

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I bought (from Japan) a 1999 Pajero mini, and had it imported to the UK.

Mine is 650cc turbo 4wd, manual gears.

I insured it through Adrian Flux, and they did not seem to have a problem with it. I'm paying just under £400 a year for fully comp with maximum NCD.

It is a nice little car to drive, it is surprisingly quick considering the tiny engine. It also sits at 70 - 75mph on a motorway quite happily. This last week I have had an opportunity to try it on in 4wd mode in the snow, and it came in very handy!

Mine is a 5 speed manual, which is quite unusual - a lot I have seen are automatics. With the manual you do have to change up through the gears very quickly.

Fuel economy is not as good as you might expect - driving it on a long, motorway-speed trip I get around 32 - 33mpg max.

Its so tiny it is dead easy to park in the smallest space.

I'm glad I bought it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pinin & Jnr discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: