QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Shougun tuning

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclepoo

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sounding good to me, I presume this is fitted to a manual shogun......hope it`s ok for the autos too.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 22:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

tree hugger

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, mine is an auto and it's all good.
harleyboy1450

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tree hugger"]Yer, I can wheel spin off the lights if I want. No mpg increase though, when I Wound in right up it my lwb 3.2 did made 192 on the dyno, pretty dam good. Egr is blanked to clean the smoke up.[/quote

Hi tree hugger, this is very interesting and great to find someone who's had a dyno run  have you made any other tuning mods besides tunit and egr to make ,192, do you know what the torque figure was?.
Ive just got a tunit but not fitted it yet, my 54 plate 3.2 manual lwb is currently running with decat and a large k&n cone filter and the extra torque can be felt from tickover through to limiter, the turbo spins up quicker, the engine revs more freely and roll on acceleration is a lot better, basically it feels as though the truck has shed half a ton in weight,change downs are vastly reduced on overtakes/steep hills and the engine will happily pull in higher gears from much lower revs than before using less throttle . Very Happy
All this is also felt in a huge increase in economy , I fanatically gauge my fuel use on brim to brim tank fulls and readings are -
Pre mods, 24.5 solo with 5 people on board, 19.5 towing .
Post mods, 30.5 solo  with 5 people and 26.5 towing.
I tow a 6 berth 23 foot caravan  weighing 1.3 tons laden and usually hold at 60 to 65 on m/ways  (including all the hills) and am very demanding of a tow car ( my pet hate is the thought of holding up traffic or being viewed as doing so) paranoid ?, Rolling Eyes
tree hugger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, I couldn't tell you what the torque was as I'm a big bhp fan, boy racer originally. You've got a really good benchmark for mpg's. The only mods I've made is the tunit, egr blanking plateand some bigger mud terrain tyres, can't remember what size they are but they make the truck look much better. I average about 26 mpg and that's round town. An erg blanking plate can be got from mydland autos on eBay, they will not bring up a fault light as long as they ate not common rail.
harleyboy1450

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 17:23    Post subject: tuning 3.2 did Reply with quote

tree hugger wrote:
Hi mate, I couldn't tell you what the torque was as I'm a big bhp fan, boy racer originally. You've got a really good benchmark for mpg's. The only mods I've made is the tunit, egr blanking plateand some bigger mud terrain tyres, can't remember what size they are but they make the truck look much better. I average about 26 mpg and that's round town. An erg blanking plate can be got from mydland autos on eBay, they will not bring up a fault light as long as they ate not common rail.

Cool cheers mate I'll have a look at those and post an update when ive fitted the tunit , if I can find a reliable local'ish dyno shop I'd like to find out what the figures are too .
unclepoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how these units plug in ?? seeing as they are not common rail until 07 ish. Mine`s just arrived but the instructions are pants.
tree hugger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be plug numbers and wire colours on the instructions, the ecu is in the passenger foot well. You need a live, neutral and the two pump control wires, one wire sends a voltage from the pump to the ecu and the other sends voltage back to the pump.
Don't use the stupid clips just remove some of the insulation of the wire and solder them on, it's quite easy when you've found the wires.
If your still struggling, when I get back from work sometime next week I'll photograph mine and post.
unclepoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. Its got a male and female plug on it.....the instructions are for common rail type diesels, so dont apply to my model.
If anyone else has used one of these and just plugged it in, a couple of photos would be of great help.
harleyboy1450

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclepoo wrote:
Thanks for that. Its got a male and female plug on it.....the instructions are for common rail type diesels, so dont apply to my model.
If anyone else has used one of these and just plugged it in, a couple of photos would be of great help.

Hi mate if I'm reading your post right, it sounds to me like you have the wrong unit if your mitzy is the  mk3 DiD, then you should have the` tunit 2' which has a short loom with no plugs on the end and has to be soldered or scotchlocked onto the ecu loom, if your tunit has a loom with 2 plugs and instructions for common rail then its for a common rail engine only. (Tunit cr)
unclepoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, you`re understanding me right....two plugs, three pins in each, one male one female.
harleyboy1450

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclepoo wrote:
yes, you`re understanding me right....two plugs, three pins in each, one male one female.

I would upload  a photo of my unit (not yet fitted) but being a novice on forum posting I haven't worked out how to do it,  but if you haven't already looked then go to the tunit website where there are images of all the units and which models they fit, I previously had the tunit cr unit fitted on two common rail grand cherokee's but swapped it with the tunit guys at their Chorley HQ for the tunit 2 as the DID fuel system needs a totally different unit, hope this helps Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: