QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rear bushes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenKenobi

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Rear bushes Reply with quote

OK car has been in bits for a few weeks, done a bit of 'pre-assembly' with a view to getting it back together tomorrow / Sunday but one of the new Poly bushes has me a little stumped.

On of the supplied bushings clearly has the centre bolt bushing off centre, as in the bolt hole is not centred in the bush. This will mean that the arm that it fits will be raised / lowered moved backwards or forwards depending how this bush is inserted. It is the lower trailing arm forward most bush where the arm meets the chassis. The one that came out of here was hollow in 4 places but was also knacked, the workshop manual shows the fixing bolt bushing to be central.

Since none of the bushes that I removed seemed to be designed this way and the Mitsubishi manual makes no mention how should this bush be installed - as in the narrowest part of the bushing needs to be facing which direction.

I'm kind of tempted to fit everything else i.e. spring etc etc and see where it wants to be 'naturally' but I'm thinking that having the bushing nearest the front of the car would make most sense mechanically.

So if anyone has experience of doing the poly bushings on the rear I'd love to hear your experiences.

Ignore - found answer - the offset bolt hole sits at the 6 o'clock position in the chassis mounting hole - seems a little odd since this will impart a rotational force on the bush from the trailing arm but it's a place to start.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 21:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: