2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Mk3 3.2 DiD fuel level sender change - how to access

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom fenton
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 13:20    Post subject: Mk3 3.2 DiD fuel level sender change - how to access Reply with quote

Gents, I've done this job this morning and tool some pics.

1st off remove the kick plates from inside rear door openings. They will unclip with a sharp tug.

Next tilt forward the rear seats and remove the hinge bolt plastic covers.

Now unbolt (14mm socket) and remove both halves of the rear seat. The larger one of the two is pretty heavy but can be manoeuvred into the boot out of the way. Next remove the cover plate (10mm socket) that traps the carpet down. Now you can un Velcro the carpet where it joins the rear piece and fold it forward.

When you have folded the carpet forward it reveals the heater duct that runs side to side. Undo the three gold screws and the duct can be unclipped at the drivers side and the the carpet pulled further forward. Move the drivers seat fully forward on its runners.

Pull the carpet further forward and you will find the hatch to get at the fuel sender.

Undo the 4 nuts (12mm socket) and remove the cover to reveal the fuel level sender.

Once you have got here the rest is easy. Spray plenty of release spray at the three small nuts before you attempt to undo them. I used Wurth Rost-off its good gear. The nuts are 8mm socket.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 13:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

boiculit

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

ived done the other way around pull out the entire tank

-- cleaned and flushed the whole tank
  -- remove all the rust build up underneath the body, and apply epoxy primer paint
  -- apply rubberized coating

-- change / replaced the sender unit

after hours and hours of work the problem is still there even with the new sender unit the reading on the gauge flactuates
i really thought its the sender unit because i already swap my gauge with my fathers unit , whats left now is the wiring from the sender unit to the gauge.
i think it is grounder somewhere in between..
good heavens lots of FFFF
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> 4M41 / 3.2 (DiD) models All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: