Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

chassis corrosion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boyensy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 15:53    Post subject: chassis corrosion Reply with quote

Hi peeps, so a new truck has been purchased, one owner from new FSH from main dealer, came with new mot but stated, "vehicle structure corrosion as only adv"only thing I've noticed is nsr chassis in front of wheel looked pretty grotty, had a prod and it looks a bit dodgy? Any serious chassis rust issues known on the sports??  Its 2005 and everything else is mint, as new?
Best course of action??
Please don't say walk away, too late Embarassed
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 15:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jutwit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way you will know for sure is to get under there and wire brush the hell out of it to see how bad it is, and that will decide your next course of action
Boyensy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 2mm flaked off but no holes or anything? Hard to see what was mud and what was metal, as an nhs ambo medic, my mechanical skills just about extended to fitting a 2" lift kit on the previous one lol
Hoping a good brush down and a coat or two of undersill will stop it getting worse?
Jutwit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

After you get all the loose stuff off, get some rust convertor and plaster it on, then paint it with red oxide, hamerite etc, then plaster it with waxoyl, dinitrol etc and you should be good for a while, keep an eye on it and touch up when needed.
Boyensy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i don't pick her till next wknd, but what I saw was only effecting about 4'' in front of the ns rear wheel nr the bolt and rubber stops, the rest just looked like the usual flaky paint\underseal that I had on the last one, which brushed off and painted up nicely, just a bit anxious that I didn't get the chance to go over it all thoroughly on test drive, I was the first of three that turned up to view and waited half hour for it to be valeted as it was covered in polish when I arrived, a guy and his wife tried to give a deposit whilst I was sitting there! Cheeky mofos  Rolling Eyes
It seemed immaculate,drove like a new motor compared to my 03, had original purchase order, and 3k worth of receipts from the last three years, all at a main dealer, so at least belts, breaks,and tie rod ends, joints and suspension sound. Previous owner just traded in for a brand new l200
J.F

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on keeping it this might be worth looking at http://www.rust.co.uk/we-rust-proof-your-car-from-250/c32734/#

had a sport rust proofed there and was very impressed with the results, far better result than I could do myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: