Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PAJERO "SUPER EXCEEDS" DONT EXIST

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 17:02    Post subject: PAJERO "SUPER EXCEEDS" DONT EXIST Reply with quote

I have posted this here because I think its important enough for maximum debate rather than in CHAT where it will eventually be lost Exclamation

Ian (HSU146) has defined on his Paj website that the term "Super Exceed" has been invented by dealers and doesn't actually exist as a Mitsubishi Model........and having scoured the web for evidence to prove otherwise, I have to agree with him Shocked .......I should state that the term "Super Exceed" referred to is in respect of Gen 2 pajero's Mk2, Mk3, & Mk4's .........1991 to 2000............I have looked at any historical lists of Mitsubishi models that I could find and none refer to a "Super Exceed"........only "Exceed"...........for evidence, we would need to look at original Mitsu catalogues and brochures to be sure, and these are pretty thin on the ground..........what I do know is that as an example, the Mk1 pajero was badged if it was a"Super Exceed" as in the example below which is badged "Super Royal Exceed"

Similarly, our cousins with Delica's have "Super Exceed" models and these are badged on the door pillar as such, "Royal Exceed" as in the example below

with the Pajero's from 1991 to 2000, I have only ever seen "Exceed" badges.

Has anybody with a suspect "Super Exceed" Pajero got any evidence that their's is anything but an "Exceed", hyped up by the dealers because of the "extras" it might have Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 17:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not ask Mitsu's PR department?
- they should know
oldbill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 17:28    Post subject: "Super Exceed"? Reply with quote

I don't know if this is really worth a debate or not. I think most of us know that there is no such thing as a "Super Exceed" so nothing of any great news there.

Clive
keefster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another ploy by car-dealers (sharks) to get MORE money out of us. When i got my Paj. EXCEED I avoided any dealer that used the term "super exceed"!!!
Philco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 18:10    Post subject: Re: "Super Exceed"? Reply with quote

oldbill wrote:
I don't know if this is really worth a debate or not. I think most of us know that there is no such thing as a "Super Exceed" so nothing of any great news there.

Clive

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ........the irony is that there seems to be evidence of Mk1 "Super Exceeds" and also Mitsubishi Have been labelling some Pajeros "Super Exceeds" since 2001, but they seem to have disappeared for the Gen2 Paj's Confused
Ian 146

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 18:45    Post subject: Re: "Super Exceed"? Reply with quote

oldbill wrote:

Clive

Totally agree mate i already researched it before adding the info on my website..not sure why Philco is putting it on here!!!!!!
Tom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it really matter, in our own minds we all think are pajeros are super, why do you need a badge. Philco take of your anorak Laughing

Tom.
Philco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Does it really matter, in our own minds we all think are pajeros are super, why do you need a badge. Philco take of your anorak Laughing

Tom.

I kinda like this anorak.........besides, we're all probably anoraks otherwise we wouldn't be here Very Happy ................what members like Ian and Bill forget is that there are many new people reading these forums for the first time who are not aware of many of the topics already discussed.........what we consider "old news" is brand-spanking new to them...........how many posts do we see that say "Why two batteries" or "whats an egr valve" .............there will be people reading this topic who are considering buying a "Super Exceed", investing considerable money and will not be aware of this "Dealer hard sell" ploy, so, If I bring this to the attention of just one potential Paj owner then I consider it to have been worthwhile posting Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Phil but it's a bit like putting for sale Paj's in here - we've all got them so we are not really the target audience. Similarly how many people get here before buying?
Philco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry Tim, forgot to say that there are probably a good many existing members out there who are just realising that their pride and joy "Super Exceed" .............isnt Shocked
P3JRO
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exist or not and most likely invented by dealers, the so called super exceed is more expensive to buy because of the said Leather not the badge.

Personally I think they should be classed as super even if not official. It gives the buyer a clear indication that they are buying an exceed with leather pack nothing else as far as I am aware.

Paul.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mate, I may have given the wrong impression.
I agree it's a good idea to let people know - just not sure that this would get to them in time. Not much we can do for those already caught except if they read this in time to demand money back etc.
davie@Braco

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can put in my tuppence worth, All the Japanese auction houses describe the Mk2 2.8 with leather interior as a Super exceed so its not an invention of dealers here. Prior to this most 2.5 exceeds had leather as standard. It might not be a Mitsubishi description ie there are various ways of describing Landrover models besides there official badging.
Dave 1962
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all while were on the subject as to whether something exists or not, and not wanting to change this thread to much, has anyone ever heard of a Pajero Junior Shocked Someone at work said they saw one advertised in an Autotrader and asked me what they were like. Had to be honest with her and tell her ive never heard of one Sad cheers all Dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave Pajero Junior = Shogun Pinin (baby) Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: