Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Nice to have a working air con

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 21:30    Post subject: Nice to have a working air con Reply with quote

Its been almost 3 years now with the truck and im thinking about getting the air con working, does any body know after this long if its worth it, as im guessing (knowing my luck) that every seal has perished (the air con gets run often but doesn't get cold (unless its winter)) theres probably no gas in her anyway.
I have been looking at websites for a mobile re gas service and they state that it has to be R143a gas (my last pajero was R22)  so is a 2003 mk3 shogun R143a gas?
I thinking after all this time that its probably not worth the cost as an average is around £69 for a regas but my system is probably in need of more work and a good pressure test.
any body have any thoughts if i should look into it
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 21:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say it is definitely worth doing.  Twit fix usually have a deal that they do not charge if a refill does not work, so may be worth a try down that route for a start.

You need to find  someone who knows what they are doing and in my experience that is not easy. On the older Paj most of the seals are easily replaced. You can get a box of various size o rings suitable for aircon. Any proper aircon fitter will have those anyway.

A proper Aircon person will pressure test the system with Nitrogen to find leaks. The machines they use in Twit Fix and other similar  refill places, test with a vacuum which does not always find leaks.

I think R22 was  banned in uk not sure when. Even if yours has R22 I  think it can be  changed to R143a anyway.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the last car was R22 this one is newer (mk3) and yes R22 is banned as its a harful greenhouse gas R143a is the replacment version which i think has been superseeded by another gas.
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, just open the windows and sunroof.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have a sunroof  Crying or Very sad and the opening the window is what i do but thought it would be nice to get it working
assassin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is nice having it working, with the summer we have had mine has been on all summer and mines been like a fridge, the only problem is the heat hits you when you get out of the vehicle; like getting out of the fridge and into the oven.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

even with the windows open its like an oven sometimes so thats not a problem for me
assassin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a plasma cutter so could make it a convertible for you, then you would moan its cold in winter.
Mark3
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use aircon in the summer when on motorways as i cant stand the wind noise (plus its more economical to use air con than it is to drive at that speed with the window open) and prolly just as much in the winter to help clear misted up windows........ in a car that should have it when it fails its hateful, i would be lost without it  Sad
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably use it more in winter than in summer,cant stand misty windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Air Con / Heater issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: