2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

idle issue relearn ecu no Aircon working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUSTJEZ

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03    Post subject: idle issue relearn ecu no Aircon working Reply with quote

so my 3.2d lwb shogun mk3 auto has had a bit of a tantrum.  drove car to shop all fine, came out no power at all loose terminal had come off. connected battery back up but would not idle. managed to drive it back without stopping.  car has been into garage new battery was fitted  had an error code showing egr valve. took apart  cleaned code error gone.car starts fine and runs as normal when cold once engine warm still drives fine pulls like a train still no smoke no issues apart from not keeping idle. so stalls once revs drop below 1000prpm. so I am thinking I need to teach the ecu how to tickover again and relearn it. I've looked at the process but note it says to turn the Airton on to max cold and fan on full windows down etc. however my Airton compressor does not work so I have no Aircon.  do you need working aircon to relearn idle process as I have tried a few times and  no joy.
can it be hooked up to dealer.computer to have ecu relearn how to idle?
starting to panic it might be fuel pump.
is it worth changing fuel filter to see if it makes a difference could it also be fuel injector seal?
mileage 132000. full service history car in great condition other than this issue.  diesel did get low the other week so could it have drawn up some *beep* from bottom of tank.
anyone know anyone reliable in South Notts area that can help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Dai Rees

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:04    Post subject: Re: idle issue relearn ecu no Aircon working Reply with quote

JUSTJEZ wrote:
so my 3.2d lwb shogun mk3 auto has had a bit of a tantrum.  drove car to shop all fine, came out no power at all loose terminal had come off. connected battery back up but would not idle. managed to drive it back without stopping.  car has been into garage new battery was fitted  had an error code showing egr valve. took apart  cleaned code error gone.car starts fine and runs as normal when cold once engine warm still drives fine pulls like a train still no smoke no issues apart from not keeping idle. so stalls once revs drop below 1000prpm. so I am thinking I need to teach the ecu how to tickover again and relearn it. I've looked at the process but note it says to turn the Airton on to max cold and fan on full windows down etc. however my Airton compressor does not work so I have no Aircon.  do you need working aircon to relearn idle process as I have tried a few times and  no joy.
can it be hooked up to dealer.computer to have ecu relearn how to idle?
starting to panic it might be fuel pump.
is it worth changing fuel filter to see if it makes a difference could it also be fuel injector seal?
mileage 132000. full service history car in great condition other than this issue.  diesel did get low the other week so could it have drawn up some *beep* from bottom of tank.
anyone know anyone reliable in South Notts area that can help

i have a 2004 shogun 3.2did long wheelbase warrior and i'm having the same issues as you did i would find it very helpfull if you could tell me how you cured the issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Starting / running issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: