Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Speedo and Gear 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moju323

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 0:44    Post subject: Speedo and Gear 2 Reply with quote

I realise that there have been many questions on POCUK forums regarding the speedo not working, but here is my problem.
I have a 1994 Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD Auto with overdrive, grey Import, SWB and the speedo hasn't been working for around three to four years now. The overdrive works fine, and all gear changes were normal. Speedo not working, mileage not changing, all the dash lights have gradually stopped working, so no indication of what gear I am in. Recently, my manual gear 2 has stopped working also. I do have the ATF changed regularly, but do any members on here have any idea what is going on with my Paj ? The overdrive is working normally, but there is no dash light to say whether overdrive is on or off. I haven't asked my garage to check the sensor on the auto box for the speedo fault, and I haven't asked them to try a new speedometer unit yet either.
Thanks for any suggestions, guys !

David
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 0:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

iam_TJ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Number 1 suspect would be faulty connection to the dash; possibly earth but more likely connector blocks.

Did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in again (just like the "did you try switching it off and on again?" with computers!)
moju323

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 15:48    Post subject: Speedo and Gear 2 Reply with quote

Thanks, iam_TJ....... Yes, I think you are right, so I need to dismantle the instrument pod on top of the dash and check all the connector blocks and the earth of course........ When you say ' unplugging it and plugging it back in again ' what part are you referring to, please? Certainly that usually works with computers, as I am a Technical Support engineer !

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: