QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Alternator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sickbuoy100

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 13:49    Post subject: Alternator Reply with quote

I'm looking for a new alternator part number md370479 and am finding the same part ranging from £145 to £260. The proce doesn't seem to reflect whether they are remanufactured or new. Any pointers on what I should be spending/buying or is one as good as the next?

Thanks

Phil
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 13:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Simonfathead

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends what you want to pay there is a garage in Totton that may have a used one as he deals with pajero's etc. Phils pajeros is his company you should find a number on google
sickbuoy100

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm so it just depends what you want to pay? I could remove existing and get it refurbed in Botley for £50 but wondered what the differenes are between prices of new ones and if i get it refurbed is that as good. Not sure Fils Pajero's likes to look at petrol shogun's javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to get yours refurbed if you can,same with starter motor if that ever goes.when i first brought my car the starter packed in after about 3 months leaving me stuck on garage forecourt got it towed to garage who replaced with 130 notes one and said the one that was on looked pretty new,i looked at some paperwork that i got with the truck and there was an invoice for a starter motor that had been fitted just over a year ago.the new one i had fitted again only lasted just over a year ,so i brought a second hand genuine one off the bay for £30 and got it refurbed and it has been faultless for over 2 years now,if you look at the cost of genuine mitsi starter or alternator that are made by denso they cost around £400+ the alternator only usually needs diodes replacing and maybe bearing.
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replace mine off the bay got a used one cheap as i wanted to see if that was the problem causing my battery to go flat and it was but it only kicks out about 13.5v not 14.4 but it works
Simonfathead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my shogun from Phil and sold him my jap import he does or did have a lot of spares though and he is close to you
assassin

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the claimed refurbished units are nothing more than cleaned up units which are chemically cleaned and look like new, but are test run and if they have an output are classed/sold as refurbished units.

Some have a mild refurbishment which is normally the replacement of the bearings which obviously wear and checking of the connections.

Others are fully rebuilt and stripped, their windings are tested, their regulator/rectifier packs ae replaced, and new bearings fitted.

Flea bay sellers?: wouldn't touch them unless they are a reputable company.

Aftermarket manufacturers are something different as some maybe OE suppliers, some may make replaement units from the housing castings to winding them themselves and generally the non OE units are cheap replacements and nothing more as they have an official short life cycle and were generally used by the trade to replace worn or faulty components to ensure defective vehicles were fit for purpose at the time of sale and yet just good enough to outlast the warranty on secondhand cars and the current legislation which says 6 months.

Very much a case of buyer beware, and doing your research before hand.
I would tend to agree with Icehawk, have your old unit fully reconditioned by someone reputable and local as their reputation is more crucial to them than a national company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Main technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: