QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

SVA and speedo requirements??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarDan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 19:55    Post subject: SVA and speedo requirements?? Reply with quote

When I bought my Pajero from a dealer it was already registered and MOT'd but the speedo was still in km. Is this leagal or should it have been changed to mph?

Same dealer gave me a 6 month warranty but didnt service it before delivery. Just as well I had it done as cam belt was on last legs!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 19:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matey
Quote:
When I bought my Pajero from a dealer it was already registered and MOT'd but the speedo was still in km. Is this leagal or should it have been changed to mph

Depending on the year of manufacture ie what age your vehicle is depends on its ESVA state if its over 10yrs old then no sva required if its under ten yrs old then sva or as it is now esva required,now i **think**that for the mot it doesnt matter about the speedo being in kms but for the sva then it has to be changed or chipped as some do with them esp the 2.8s then they just rub out the "K" on the speedo hope that helps

Marc 8)
andy h

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

does,nt need sva just needs mot you say the belts
av been changed that means its a 2.5 they stopped
putting those engines in after late 93.
TDZ4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's illegal to sell a vehicle in the UK if the speedo does not record mph. Sad

However, most MOT don't seem to notice and will record the speedo as miles on the MOT certificate. Wink (E)SVA will fail it unless converted. Don't need SVA for vehicles over 10 years old though.
goldgit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get this straight the speedo face needs to be calibrated in MPH but the reading of the speedometer can remain in Killometers a new facia for a Paj cost about £15 and takes 10 mins to fit, just be careful of your speed readings after the refit, if you know someone with a GPS get them to sit in the car to check your readings. the only hassle with changing the facia is taking out the little stop pin and glueing it into the new facia (a dot of araldite on the back will do the job)
davidvh2

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found your post & hope you'll still see this?
How does one change the speedo conversion plate or disk? Mine has been done but I want to get it back to KPH & assume the original dial is still there.
Thanks. David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> SVA / ESVA / Certificate of Conformity Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: