Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

rac/norwich union

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 23:07    Post subject: rac/norwich union Reply with quote

after breaking down in france got back to ashford kent where problem reared its ugly head again.called out rac/norwich union breakdown.patrolman diagnosed contaminated fuel before looking at my vehicle & had bad attitude.then left us stranded as we didnt accept his diagnosis.problem found to be injector pump seal gone.wouldnt recommend rac to anyone
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 23:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

trevor green

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabs,
Sounds about right, had a similar experience myself. He was probably unhappy about working with Norwich Union. Wink
Forgot my manners, Welcome to the club Laughing

rgds
trev
sotonian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 17:14    Post subject: rac Reply with quote

i suffered a timing belt snapping on a 2 litre cortina after winding the engine over to see if any valves were knocking I took of the timing belt cover phoned the rac and notified them of the problem an said on way can they get a new belt for it after hanging up timed all the bits up and was ready for a new belt when patrol man arrived I asked him for the belt but he told me to turn the engine over I showed him the broken belt but he informed me that he was the "expert" and again said turn the engine over which i did and he came back with a surprising answer "its the timing belt" he said after finding out how long and how much I got him to take me to my destination repaired said cam belt next day all for under a fiver needless to say not with rac no more.
all they have missing is the p cra spelt wrong
dabs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 20:53    Post subject: norwich union/rac Reply with quote

I WAS TOLD THAT RAC PATROLS WERE QUALIFIED MECHANICS!!!!THEIR TRAINING MUST BE PRETTY BAD TO OFFER SUCH A POOR SERVICE.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been an RAC member for 22 years & have had to call them out several times - I've always found them very good; they've sorted the problem - mainly batteries - and recovered the car if necessary. We have only ever owned 'older' cars. One time they recovered our sick Vauxhall Viva 200 miles at night with 3 dobermanns in it , along with 3 adults.
However, all the cars I've ever owned have been well maintained, and breakdowns have been true 'emergencies'.
We stick with them for this reason, but also because I get IAM discounted personal membership which covers ANY car I call them out to, for under £100 per year.
jen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always found RAC excellent
cobraman

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a bunch of t**ssers have had rac for 5/6 years never had a problem then yesterday i broke down (head gasket gone) called the rac who kindly informed me your cover has run out (didn't send me a letter or phone they have your numbers ) so i said its only a matter of sorting the direct debit out she said i had to pay by credit or debit card which couldn't doat that exact moment so i was left stranded, i even offered to give the patrol man cash when we got to my home but no, so rejoin the rac , when HELL FREEZES
Chummers

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the RAC for 8 years, they were ok, for a few. But then I came home from work in my old renault 19, parked it up, Next day wouldn't start, call out the RAC, the guy comes out after 1&1/2 hours, and tells me I have put pertrol in my diesel tank (strange I had not filled up for over a week?) The guy then said he can smell petrol in the tank and promptly left(without being offered to take to a garage or anything (and yes i had the cover))

Then getting my parents to toe me to the nearest garage, they tell me that two of my glow plugs had failed.

You want another story?

Taking some friends back home in nottingham, car is involed in a crash at half eleven on a dodgy corner (luckily no one was hurt) police turn up to tell me I can't drive my car back. Call out RAC at 11:45AM no one arrives, call again at 12:45AM, and again at 2:00AM, no one arrives, finally turn up at 3:15AM and after waiting in the cold(it was november) for three and three quarter hours and much traffic congestion, the wreck finally get shifted! was not impressed, and in this time I had started to go into shock.

Now with the green flag, they do get to you, but then they just toe you somewhere cos they never have the parts, I only with them cos it don't cost me anything.

Will join the AA soon though,
-pt-

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm a newb but thought I'd start sharing my thoughts with you all. Also a BIG thanks to everyone else that posts on here because you've helped me out loads

Just bought a Shogun & got RAC cover at the same time. I went for RAC as I have 2 cars & drive others through work. Cheaper than the AA too Exclamation Unlike other policies I'm covered what ever I drive so overall it works out cheaper than the car specific policies

Turns out it was a wise choice, gotd back to my other car at 3 in the morning, dead battery Sad idiot that I am I'd left my lights on Embarassed Call the RAC, they didn't recognise my membership number (joined over the internet the day before) but still willing to send out a recovery truck. 40 mins later I'm on the road again Very Happy

Can't fault them, very helpful staff, phoned me to keep me up to date.

Definite 10/10 in my opinion compress
Ambulance Andy

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Been with the RAC for about 10 years Mainly because of the cost, their fleet cover is a lot cheaper than any other I've found. Over the years I have had to call them out on several occasions and they have never been able to fix by the roadside, Ive always been recovered by a contractor. Anyway about the time of the London bombings I had the misfortune to breakdown while towing a trailer, out came the RAC who surprisingly couldn't fix it, called recovery and left. Local contractor turns up after another hour and says they weren't told of the trailer so can't take me. Being the helpful type he got onto RAC and moaned about not being told about the trailer. RAC said they did not know anything about the trailer and only had details that I was a TRAITOR!!!!! I then had a vision of Armed Police turning up. RAC and three garages later a fuse was replaced and it ran ok after that. Rolling Eyes
taz2137

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all I have been with the RACfor 18 years and have called them out to everything from a mini to 7 1/2 ton waggon . which they managed to sort out
after telling me they don't cover anything over 35cwt. so I say keep up the good service. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Breakdown / Recovery services All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: