Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Automatic Front Hub Adjustment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big TONY
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 20:52    Post subject: Automatic Front Hub Adjustment Reply with quote

Pajero 1996, 2.8 Exceed.
I have some top to bottom play on my front hub.
Iwould like to adjust them to remove this.
The info in the Haynes Manual only bears a slight resemblance to the hubs that I have, i.e. it uses the word hub.
There is a dust cap over the end of the driveaxle. Next there is a snap-ring, then a shim or spacer.
Further exploration involves removing the six bolts that seem to hold on the automatic free wheeling hub.
The actual hub seems to be held on by another six bolts.
The Haynes Annual attempts to explain the adjustment of the hub but I'm very wary of their data and procedures. It switches from pound forces to Nm and back to Lbs in the same senrtence: not very reasuring. I think I have a rough idea of what they are trying to expalin, but... I do not have a lot of connfidence in their explanation.
I need accurate data: torque procedures, hub setting forces, free wheeling hud alignmet and when to use sealants, if necessary.
Can anyone help? Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a clue........but I know a man that has ...pm Richie M8 Wink
gaz8460

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

its reasonably easy first jack car up & leave wheel on car.then remove the 6 bolts from the hub housing.then remove the metal cap covering the bearing area.then there is a circlip remove this then the diff cover where u took the 6 bolts out comes off...now the fun.there is 2 phillips screws that act as a locknut remove them they can be tight then u can get to the adjuster..i used long nose pliers to adjust up then replace everything back in reverse.sounds hard but it took me about an hour to do both sides..also im not an expert this was my first time and also i owe it all to RITCHIE as he gave me the step by step instructions which were spot on.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: