2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

thermule oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellit

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:06    Post subject: thermule oil Reply with quote

Hi guys can i use thermule oil (i e the suff used to heat presses up ) in the paj or i'am looking for trouble ,the firm i work for as said i can have the waste stuff because the flash point has dropped to 120c . i can get wait for it 50,000 liters a year in 250litre drums if i remove it
cheers Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jpc

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure but basically the thinner the better,hence rape seed oil as opposed to sunflower oil.and something to do with different fats in the oil.

sorry thats not much help rearly.(it sounded better in my head) Smile
Wilkesy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellit

I suppose what you really need to do is find out the contents of the oil - ester value, glycerine etc.

Would your oil be similar to central heating oil, which can be used in diesel cars, albeit illegally.

With that many literes on offer, I would be very tempted to try it. Put it this way, it must be worth taking a barrel, cleaning it, and buying a knackered old diesel car, and MOT failure or similar, for a hundred quid and trying it !

Let us know if you manage to progress things.
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul,

send me as much chemical information as you can about it, and i'll be able to get it analysed for suitabilty .... plus a sample if you can ..

mark " access to a chemist" dale
yellit

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark will get the info when i go in ,do you need the C O S H report on the oil . The oil is like hydralic but used to maintained the heat through the press.
Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: