Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

FIRST AID

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Top tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASM

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:42    Post subject: 1st aid Reply with quote

In germany it's compulsory for all cars to carry a first aid kit.
For one, that's of course good if you have a 1st aid kit in the car.
Much more importantly though, if you ever come into the situation that you need first aid stuff, in your car or not, you know for definite that the next car you see does have a 1st aid kit in it.
I always carry a kit, I think it's a responsibility as a car driver, especially if you go remote, which I think is what a 4WD is all about. and I travel with kids and they always get cuts and bruises. I have also added anti-histamine to the kit, for allergic reactions.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

stuee147

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always recommend people to carry a first aid kit in there cars and keep one at home BUT as an x medic with the ambulance service and as a x first aid trainer i have always said if you dont know how to use it dont carry it or buy it. iv seen people walking about with things such as hypostop and OPA and NPA airways and when i asked i got the reply i duno it came with the kit lol

also recommended dont carry creams or ointments and defenetly NO pills i never have and never will uses creams or that as 1 you dont know if the person you are putting it onto is allergic to it ans 2 once you have used a tube or tub of cream once it is nolonger sterile and shouldnt be used again.

i do carry paracetamol and aspirin but i know who can and cant take them and how to use them i know it sounds silly but in some conditions and with some people one asprine can kill them  and in the day and age of sue anyone and everyone you need to be carefull for years now we wernt aloude to use safty pins as there was a rusk of pircing the skin and as safty pins arnt that sterile can cause an infection.

sounds silly i know but i have seen it happen twice and the nhs ambulance service had to pay compensation iv even seen someone trying to sue for haveing a couple of ribs broken during CPR luckely it was throwen out of court but its getting to be a joke now like
buzbie

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stuee147 said, Been a 1st aider for about 20 years, always got 2 kits in car due to my hobbies(kitesurfing, Jetskiing, Wakeboarding) also have to carry one at work(tree surgeon so a must have when climing trees Laughing ) the only tablets I take are paracetamol and anti-histomines as I am allergic to wasp stings...(got hit 9 times in 5 days in the hills of Argyll while felling trees with wasp nests in!!! Embarassed )

Everyone should have one in their car/4x4/bus...

Poundland sell most bits....

Jason
Elegance 3.2

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy mine from Lidl stores for German drivers have by law to have a First Aid kit in their vehicles, so Lidl being German they are the self same ones that are sold over in Germany and I think that they were around £6,  you try and buy something as complete a First Aid kit as that in Boots etc I think that you would be lucky to get a pack of plasters and some gloves for that price This because of the Rip Off Britain mentality of the Govs we have over here...

Something which is handy from a cross contamination point of view is a kit I bought whilst on an AMA course it is a one way valve/plastic sheet which fits in the casualties mouth with a plastic cover which goes over the face , this is handy when the casualty throws up and you just dont know what anyone has these days...

So Lidles, check the press for these offers arnt on all of the time so if you see one on the shelf pickn it up for when they will have them in again is anyones guess,.. I am not sure if Aldi do a similar  first Aid kit but I am sure that I have seen them i  their shops at some time..
Eleg.
lilapeas

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

First aid kits is really important because accident happens anywhere and anytime. I have first aid kit in my house and in my car.
myfirstaidcompany,com

It's better to prevent it than to worst.. This is the importance of first aid.  We must have a basic training of first aid and we should have always first aid kits and first aid supplies in case of emergency.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Top tips All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: