eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

iso wiring plug connector for radio unit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzoo

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i wasint thnking that but thanks anyways i went back to halfords and had a rumage round and found the correct iso connector, they were talking out of there butts, so me stereo is all up and running now just a shame i cant have it sat flush with the centre console surround, thanks again
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 20:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

chris_k

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 20:52    Post subject: new stereo Reply with quote

Glad you've sorted. I forgot to say. I swapped my double din original radio / cassette unit with  a Ripspeed remote control unit from halfords on line (save £20). I then bought a filler unit (you know so i can keep odds in there, forgot their proper name) kit from Halfords so you can choose the front surround. Looks good and gives alittle extra storage. I then super glued a piece of that no slip pad stuff you can buy in a roll so that items don't slip around.
Oh my god he's rambling again i hear you say................ Crying or Very sad  Laughing
leejay2005

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:57    Post subject: ref my pajero radio iso lead Reply with quote

hi guys i just got a pajero l reg 2.5 exceed model i wanted to put a cd player in it went to halfords and bought the pc2-12-4 pre 93 lead . because it fits the cables existing . but still cant get no joy from my cd player i have done some research and have found the cables on the pc2 connector are not alligned up correct with my wiring on my pajero .. i have no power to the new radio at the mo ..  i have just had a look at the cables and am going to have to change a few of the pins about on the plugs by the looks does anyone know which ones i have to change about .. many thanks and i hope someone knows wot the heck im talking about . because having no sounds in this motor is driving me mad .....
chris_k

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:56    Post subject: wiring Reply with quote

Hi, this will sound very patronising and i apologise. The iginition needs to be switched on. Also if you've brought the connector all the wiring should be the same; speakers etc. The only problem i had was to swap the 'constant' live and the 'igintion live'. The constant live stores the stations and settings when the ignition is off.
I hope this helps. Smile
leejay2005

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 22:31    Post subject: yes mine the same Reply with quote

i have 2.5 exceed l reg and i have had to do the same on mine . but i got no sound comming out of the speakers at all .. i stripped the wires out of the block and have poked them into different speaker wires on main block and only seem to get 2 speakers working but when i plug rest in non of them work ... i will post pictures ..
joella

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the picture on page 1, what do these things each stand for?

vss
acc
+b
ill (-)
ill (+)
antena +b
joella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

help me out here guys. not sure how to wire me stereo until i know what these all mean.

Cheers
joel
joella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

eventually found this post with a link to a pdf with a good diagram and explaination in.
this is the post

Can it be made sticky?
joella

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

just one thing that was wrong in the diagram. Mine came out as a green/yellow wire for the antena acording to this diagram. Its not. The antena is the White with black stripe wire.
Hope this helps someone one day.
JUKER 08

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minger Nick wrote:
50/50 chance and I got the wrong one!

I've got a 94 2.8 and it needed the single PC2-46-4.  £13.50 from Halfords.

I've been up to halfords and got the connector.
My JVC player is all working but it won't keep its memory when I've tuned in the radio and turned the power off ?
chrispajero

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you haven't got the permanent live feed connected properly. Wink
tutor52

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to the thread - I went to my local Auto electricians, admittedly not reknowned for being cheap - £6-70 for the PC2-12-4 connector!! So not sure why Halfords are charging £15!!!

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: