Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Club subscription

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about a club subscription?
I think a club subscription is a great idea.
78%
 78%  [ 122 ]
I suppose the money needs to come from somewhere
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Why not just keep it free?
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
I don't think it's worth it
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 155

Philco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donations can be sent by credit card thro' the club shop HERE where it says "select a category" top left hand corner.......scroll down to "club funds contribution".............or cheques, payable to Pajero Owners Club (UK) can be sent to the club address which is

Pajero Owners Club (UK)
FREEPOST SWB20806,
Christchurch,
BH23 8ZZ
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 22:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

heckflosse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it as I feel I've had my moneys worth since joining last year.
However I also feel that newbies may be put off by a 'joining fee' so would suggest a free trial period of a month or so.
DELBOY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

a tener a year sounds fine by me no problem at all Very Happy
Trig

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philco wrote:
...any of you members made any financial donations to the club recently Embarassed Question

I can say yes... thanks to Bouncyman Wink Very Happy

Quote:
Ian (HSU 146) wrote:
I would also like to see the subscription made compulsery and anyone who desnt subscribe not having access to the wealth of information contained within its pages.

In my view keep it free and encourage donations... If you ask for a compulsory fee to access the "wealth of information", then you may have to pay the members who provide this info for their effort and time Exclamation Exclamation ... Out of question I know, as members who contribute do it to help others and would only expect a kind "thanks" in return... So let's encourage donation and keep it FREE .... and I'd start by saying THANKS to all those who helped me knowing my Pajero Very Happy
Bob_jayne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres our monies worth...lol scuse the pun

yes a tenna a year is ok

no i wont send it over the net

yes i will send a cheque

i browse the info in the forums, but i dont know one end of a spanner from the other so its pretty useless to me, but it keeps my head in check if i feel i have a problem, i can check and put my mind a ease

this site is great

the members are great and funny, some great light hearted relief

keep up the good work

bob and jayne
Andy(NorthWales)
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for it and have been since it was first sugested many-many moon's ago....

About newbies etc, how about they can VIEW the forum, but not allowed to post until they become FULL member's.

I remember when I first got my Paj and was looking for info etc, I cam across 'THE OTHER' one first but was put off with the fact they wanted the money up-front and BEFORE you could view anything on the site.

So if someone where to come along and were able to browse before paying then I'm sure you'd still get them to join PoCUK...

Andy...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
terrier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tenner is no bother and the amount of info and stuff is great,also it shows a committment to the club.I know without the tenner the committment is still there but it is good to chip in and feel you can have a say.Now need to prise cheque book out of Mojo handbag,go for it.Suggestion how often is the memberlist updated?This would enable a more accurate record of members who are active.
delta5zero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree totally with Andy. Thing is what happens to people who are already members but don't want to pay a subscription fee? How much time and energy would be needed to chase non-payers. It seems there is a hardcore(pardon the expression) of members who post regularly considering the size of membership. Would the others all run away? Still say charge a tenner but there could be problems. I shall now donate £10.00 of my ill gotten gains, safe in the knowledge that Bill will squeesze some more out of us at Donnington. Dave.
MoJo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that Terrier pays a £10 yearly subscription to the PDA - the forums are there for all to view but the profile shows PDA Member for all those who pay their subs - how about something similar ?

As Terrier said earlier - there are a lot of 'members' who have never posted anything - is there a way of deleting those who are obviously not going to visit this site again?

Jo
PeteMillis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK OK OK I've done it...I've just donated a tenenr to club funds and purchased a Delica handbook even though I already have one on JPNZ!
I don't mind a compulsory contribution as I realise how valuable the club it, BUT I only realise this through joining up and having had sevral months use of the forums. It I had come across the club site and found that I had to pay to join up then I probably wouldn't have bothered. So, as other people have suggested it should be free at the beginning but I don't think newbies should be restricted to "view only" - maybe after 3 months an email could go out asking if the member has benefitted from the club and suggesting that they become a full paying member?? How about an incentive for paying members - such as "send some money and you'll get a sticker"?
Pete
HIGHLANDER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its needed its needed, rather pay something than see the forum struggle the same way i would have done if i hadnt had it for reference and help!! Wink
The Lewis Mob

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

strange that this topic thread has only just appeared on our computer? we always click the "view posts since your last visit " button when we look in? Confused

That aside, deffinately yes, a tenner is brilliant value for money considering the wealth of information that exists on here. Very Happy

Our donation is on its way, and have purchased the two manuals and club stickers previously too.

One thing though, and as mentioned previously - if when we found this forum, we would have had to pay to enter straight away, we would almost deffinately NOT have done so! Crying or Very sad

You need to know whats on offer before you buy, and judging by the number of "inactive" members ( joined, looked, gone away never to be heard of again) believe it or not, this site is not for everybobdy Rolling Eyes

The general principal of being able to view freely for a set period of time, and then have to cough up to continue to benefit has to be the most sensible way forward - at least in our oppinion anyway Wink

Simon, keep up the good work, all your efforts are greatly appreciated, and hopefully some much needed cash will also roll in to the club coffers as a result of this.

Why not make this a "sticky" on all of the forums to ensure that everyone who logs on cannot fail to see it?

Cheers
Bo Selecta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree a tenner is nothing, its a great club and if it means it getting better, then I for one am for it. Would also like to add to the other members who have pointed out, that I probably wouldn't be here now if I had, had to pay upfront. I think a trial period would get people to view and then hopefully be hooked, like I am. Very Happy Very Happy
Ste

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - a good idea - go for it, Simon. Also agree with suggestion from Jason about free trial period for Newbies.

Ste.

PS Where can I get a copy of that window sticker about recovery service for Lawn Rovers!!!!!!
racoon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

When your ready Simon i'll pay the subs no problemo 8) 8) 8) 8) .
Only thing it's gunna cost me a whole lot more than you guys Sad Sad .
Our dollars not worth much against the pound,about $3.00Aust to one UKpound.

Dont bother me none though worth every cent. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Racoon.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: