Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Club subscription

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How do you feel about a club subscription?
I think a club subscription is a great idea.
78%
 78%  [ 122 ]
I suppose the money needs to come from somewhere
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Why not just keep it free?
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
I don't think it's worth it
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 155

mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm "bump"
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 0:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

nz3500

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this issue been resurrected for any particular reason?
Was anything resolved?
geoffro

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 17:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to my pure bone idlenes I can't be bothered to read through all the 9 pages. But heres my ideas. When I had my FTO i joined the OC when I had my GT Four I joined the OC, FTOOC cost £15 pa with quarterly newsletter, GT4OC cost £20 pa with .... erm well a window sticker and a mug Rolling Eyes Very Happy

I reckon it'd be good to have the forum setup like the FTOOC forum ie.

New members - 20 post limit
Paid members - limit gets lifted

a quaterly newsletter, big job for a volunteer
a 'site suggestion' category
a 'group buy' category

all for around £15 pa and with amount of members this club has then Simon you'll well minted Very Happy only joking
DENZILPC

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site has saved me a load of dosh already so i have no objections to paying a annual sub, worth every penny if it means keeping the club going or improving it ( which would be hard to do !) Very Happy
Chastiser

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me, i feel the site should remain free with voluntary contributions. my experience with this sort of thing has shown that if you insist on membership payments, then membership itself tends to decline.

surely tis better to lay on the guilt trip every now and then to push for such voluntary payments, and now that simon has put a donate button at the top of the site - its much easier to contribute Very Happy

also, paypal has the option to subscribe to sommat, so those that want to, can indeed make regular voluntary payments.

Mike
offroaddriver

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 0:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a member myself who is coming on here more and more with problems and advice, i would happily chip in a fee of a tenner or whatever it will work out to be.
this club has saved me HUGE amounts of cash and effort and with all the help from everyone including people such as james (more x 4) Wink nick the nurse Wink , nobby Wink , shed Wink and so Wink so Wink many others.. Wink ..it really would go a long way in not only helping the club but also promoting it further and making it more widely know.
definately have my vote Very Happy
jimmy l
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep i m up for paying a tenner
well worth it Wink
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch this space!

I am looking at options to get a more formal, but optional, membership pack in place ...

Life-time membership for around the £25.00 mark ... with a 'proper' (credit card type) membership card and unique membership numbers ... this will have to be used in order to benefit from some extra deals that I'm working on ... including store discounts and useful insurance add-ons etc Wink

The money for server-hosting, events gear (marquees, flags, etc) and more has to come from somewhere and, while a few people have already been very generous, the 'voluntary contribution' system isn't really particularly 'fruitful' Sad

Simon 8)
jimmy l
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

the life time membership sounds good Wink
Chastiser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmy l wrote:
yep i m up for paying a tenner
well worth it Wink

you can do that now, by contributing voluntarily, using the paypal button above

Mike
trevorbailey2003
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good idea Simon thumbright , definately has my full support. £25 for the pack, and £10 a year voluntary subs. would definately be worth it in my opinion.

Trev.
nobby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon you already have my thoughts on this Very Happy
allan1

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's a good idea worth every penny
i see this site as having thousands of mechanics at hand loads of info and always someone to answer all your problems go for it Laughing
katespet
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:20    Post subject: contributions Reply with quote

site is a gold mine at todays prices e.g. 1 diagnostic = many ££££.
from little experience my aim would be intro pack minimalistic but practical ( not a wallet for collecting dust) annual sub what ever £5 is almost coinage ??. not voluntary & via paypal. do it Simon and lets see it grow.
p.s paid £10 vol after " rant" would that cover the y d things.

regards and best wishes pete & crew Very Happy
Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all 10 previous pages on this thread so sorry if I'm repeating others views.
The benefits from this club is definately worth the tenner. I saved almost £100 on the club insurance scheme alone Shocked So no doubts there and happy to pay if/when it happens. But we only know this because we are regular user and contributers. The popularity and size of the club is (I believe) partially down to it being free. I reckon we will see a huge decline in new members joining if they have to part with money from the start.
I'm not sure of what all the limitations are on our newbies are at the moment but if non paying members are given the same limits would they gain enough from the site to want to pay for a full membership? Is it possible to give almost full access to the site for a limited time (say 3 months)? So that they can become fully involved and therefore willing to pay to continue their membership. Obviously this throws up the problem of people re-enlisting under a different name after their free period has expired but maybe someone knows a way around this?
Also once money is involved it can bring out the worse in people Sad Some will want detailed accounts of where and how it is spent, who within the club will have access to it and for what reasons. What about the general way discussion is monitored on the forum? Obviously blatently offensive posts or threads must be removed but the censoreship of threads that SOME members may not agree with will be hard to justify. After all people would of paid to be entitled to have an opinion.
To re-cap. I am happy to pay for my membership.I believe the cash injection would bring many benifits to the club and trust Simon to use it as HE see fits. BUT it would bring new problems and POCUK would have to change.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: