eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Projector Headlights

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boromir

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 18:48    Post subject: Projector Headlights Reply with quote

I am a new delica owner and would like to know how and where you can replace the bulbs in the headlights?
Also is there any way of getting an english Handbook?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 18:48    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2002 19:00    Post subject: Delica Handbooks... Reply with quote

Our publisher in NZ does a handbook for the Delica ... unfortunately for the newer '95 on model .... I don't know if there is much difference other that the coachwork?

We can order some in with our next batch of PJ handbooks if there's enough interest.

Regards,

Simon.
NICK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 20:24    Post subject: HEADLIGHTS Reply with quote

HAVE HAD A LOOK AT MINE AND THERE IS A PLASTIC COVER HELD ON BY 2 CROSSHEAD SCREWS UNDERNEATH THE HEADLIGHTS THIS COULD BE WORTH HAVING A LOOK AT AS IT MIGHT GIVE YOU ACESSS TO THE LIGHT UNITS
kp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself first: I'm an Delica 4WD owner from Germany. A colleque of mine (wierus) found this interesting board by searching the internet for some nice Pajero pictures Wink .

As he wrote in an other topic there is a similar mostly german spoken but international board ( www.4x4travel.org or use the bablefish translation ) for Pajero/Galloper/Delica.
==========

But now i'll try to answer the headlights question, which we already had at 4x4travel some time ago:

Yes, this plastic cover under the headligth is where to start. After you have removed this (2xcrosshead) you will see some screws: crosshead and "flathead" (???, how do you call those like at the tire?). Only those two (or three?) "flathad" may be unscrewed. The other (crosshead) are for adjusting the lights only, so don't move them.

After removing the "flathead" screws you can get the headlight off the car and replace the bulbs.

I hope this is understandable due to my terrible English. This is the result if you learn English only at scool and don't exercise it Wink

Greetings from Germany! - kp
wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 4:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo Delicia Owners,

which type are you talking about? Delicia L400 or Delicia L300?

wolf

Greatings from www.4x4travel.org
jo0lz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:49    Post subject: Headlight bulb replacement Reply with quote

Hi
I had an interesting time myself over xmas trying to work out how to do this

Firstly, if yours is a 91 like mine there will be 3No crosshead screws holding the plastic trim piece that runs under the headlight(2No) and round under the indicator repeater/ turn light(1No)
Undo the two under the headlights. You will need a thin nosed cross head screw driver for these. Just loosen them they do not need to be removed.
Next remove the single screw close to the front edge of the door.
Now the plastic trim can be removed.
You will now be able to see two bolts and two screws.
The screws adjust the headlights.
The bolts are two of THREE that hold the headlight in place.
Next you need to remove the indicator repeater/ turn light unit.
Pull it directly forwards and it should come out.
If it is a bit stubborn, like mine was, get a long screwdriver to poke at the clips between the unit and the side of the headlight via the hole around the door hinge when the door is fully open. You'll need a torch to see the damn clips!
With this unit out, you'll have to disconnect the electrics, you will see the THIRD bolt that holds the headlight in place.
Undo these three bolts and the whole headlight comes out.
The dipped bulb was a H6 55W in mine, about 4 quid from a Halfords.
Good Luck!!
Jo0lz
P.S. Remember to put the rubber seal back onto the rear of the headlight before you put it all back together.
I didn't and had to strip the lot a second time!!!! when I found this funny rubber seal thing left over when I thought I had finished! DoH!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: