Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

new owner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXUPMAN
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 17:21    Post subject: new owner Reply with quote

just bought a 2.8 challenger drove it back 100 miles and still grinning like a cheshire cat can anyone tell me what the at mode is all about and the button on the side of the gear stick
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 17:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, welcome to what is probably the best club you'll ever join!

A/T has 2 functions on a side-to-side rocker switch. 'Hold' which literally holds the truck in the selected gear, handy for towing up gradients.
And 'Power', which is very handy when overtaking (or just looning about!) as it prevents the vehicle kicking down so you go right through the rev band  Twisted Evil

The little button on the side of the shift switches your overdrive on and off, similar effect as 'Power'. You should have a little sign in the centre of the instrument cluster which lights up when either button is pushed.
Warning, use the Power button judiciously if your worried about fuel consumption!
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry EXUPMAN, just noticed you're a longer-term member than me, so who am I to say welcome. I just get excited when I see new posts in the Challenger section!!
EXUPMAN
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

its alright  i am a new owner of challenger so i suppose you can welcome me to the challenger section hows that, any comments on above car would be welcomed i have a few probs with it but had a few with paj when got that which all got sorted with some exellent help from peeps
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second one (the first had an argument with a skip and came off worst, just glad I was in the Challenger and not my company V60!). Big, comfortable and (dare I say it?) quick (ish).
Only problem to date was the flexi bit on the exhaust was kn*ckered and failed the MOT, wound up with a repair section from PartCo @ £36 and a £100 to my local garage to strip the old one out and MIG in the replacement.
Other than that they seem like the Pajs, look after them and they go forever. Very Happy
Cheers,
Paul
EXUPMAN
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers pauliexjr i am impressed with it apart from this low knockin noise thought i had solved it but wrong i wanted a 2.8 for towing purposes looked at both paj and challenger wife perfered challenger so made choice spoke to warlock and he said about extra power , would love a blast in the petrol version  imagine them things fly
pauliexjr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhh yes, fly they do!
I run an installation company and I use mine for extensive travel round the UK delivering kit to site and ferrying technicians around. Cruises all day at 80-85  fully loaded, I've had well over the 'ton' out of her (on a private road of course hofficer!) and nowhere near flat out:twisted:
I also tow a 16' fishing boat, don't even know it's there without checking the mirrors now and then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: