2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Laning at MM2007

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redders
Events rep (South East)
Events rep (South East)

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for recce on non shiney route yesterday - route is ok for the most part, but there is a discrepancy on access for a couple of bits even though we have been told there is vehicle access.   Confused

Basically though, the route is too long, the problem we have is although there are a lot of lanes, there is a lot of road work between each one so we are going to have to cut it down a bit. For the 40 miles of lanes and 5 fords we did yesterday, the total trip was in excess of 100 miles Shocked We started at 10.30 yesterday morning and gave up at 18.30 due to Suvvey having to leave. We were held up a couple of times due to the access probs so we will be cutting that bit out.

There is nothing taxing on any of these lanes btw so if you are hoping for a day in the mud or rocks then I am afraid you will be disappointed - Norfolk is VERY flat although we did find a couple of hills Shocked  Wink  (Not hills like you would see in Yorks tho Sad , just where the ground isn`t totally smooth).

Aside from that, the route is very tight in places and scratches WILL occur  - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED Laughing  Laughing

We had fun yesterday and the fords even had some water in them Exclamation  Wink

More to follow Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 13:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too long?
What a lightweight Laughing

I used less than a quarter of tank of fuel which is surprising as I tend to use the same if not more around Thetford Confused

I hope you have more pics to share Andy as I seem to have a few but the camera batts keep giving out when I try to view them Rolling Eyes

Just stopped at the Parents to drop off the caravan keys and have comandeered their 'puter to write this.

Now on the way home so will get them all uploaded as soon as possible.
redders
Events rep (South East)
Events rep (South East)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suvvey wrote:
Too long?

I used less than a quarter of tank of fuel which is surprising as I tend to use the same if not more around Thetford Confused

I hope you have more pics to share Andy as I seem to have a few but the camera batts keep giving out when I try to view them Rolling Eyes

Just stopped at the Parents to drop off the caravan keys and have comandeered their 'puter to write this.

Now on the way home so will get them all uploaded as soon as possible.

1. Length of run - I wrote what we agreed yesterday you cheeky swine Laughing You didn`t have a 5 yr old and 2 dogs in your paj Evil or Very Mad  
2. I used a third of a tank but then I have a real engine Twisted Evil  Wink
3. No it didn`t break down in the water Twisted Evil  Wink
4. Mrs Redders had a camera or 2 - how many pics do you think we have got Laughing  Laughing  Laughing I am sure she will be along to post at some point this evening Wink
5. I bet you haven`t seen all the nasty things they have been writing about you then - I told them not to honest Sad  Sad Laughing
Suvvey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nasty things? Shocked  Me? Shocked  Shocked

Surely not. Rolling Eyes
mrs redders

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suvvey wrote:
Too long?

Next run you can have the small, bored child go with you then  Evil or Very Mad  Rolling Eyes  Mad

Am just sorting through my 3 (  Shocked ) cards worth of pics & vids  Smile
Then will post some   Wink But here is Suvvey with his new "roof-rack" tootling through a ford  8)

tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 20:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i just take the opportunity to thank you for sacrificing your weekend (and diesel pennies) to check out those lanes for us!
mrs redders

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right here we go  Laughing  Laughing

Suvvey playing hide & seek?  Rolling Eyes

It was just a touch dusty!!!  Rolling Eyes

A hill in Norfolk!?!?  Laughing

Suvvey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Tazbabe. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it Wink

Must of been very photogenic that day as even had a couple of bobble hatters take my picture 8)  They tried to do it sneakily but didn't seem to realise that mirrored window tint only works one way bandhead
mrs redders

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

That roof crate was a pain in the roof at times  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

mrs redders

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally some water pics  8)  8)

Just uploading a vid of the V6 fording too  Shocked
Suvvey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well pleased with my new crate 8)  I knew it was a heavy duty one but didn't expect to drive off with 4 ton of pine on top  Laughing
redders
Events rep (South East)
Events rep (South East)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazbabe wrote:
can i just take the opportunity to thank you for sacrificing your weekend (and diesel pennies) to check out those lanes for us!

Your welcome, no probs apart from........DIESEL? ME EEUUUGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!! - ask Nick the Nurse what fuel WE use Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Wink
Suvvey

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrs redders wrote:

If you look at the very end of the ford you will see our very own J.R. Hartley flyfishing in the middle of a ford Rolling Eyes

Apparently he was very agreeable considering we'd just driven through his dreams of monster trout. But he did wish he'd brought his larger set of waders Wink  Laughing
Minger Nick

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There is nothing taxing on any of these lanes btw so if you are hoping for a day in the mud or rocks then I am afraid you will be disappointed - Norfolk is VERY flat although we did find a couple of hills     (Not hills like you would see in Yorks tho  , just where the ground isn`t totally smooth).

Your are still doing well in Norfolk... in Essex, most moderately rutted lanes have been re surfaced with crushed tarmac from old roads in the last 2 years... i suppose they have to put it somewhere... Good access now,  but not so much fun! At least they keep them open! Not quite the same as Mucking around in the Essex clay! Perhaps the council are the antis - not the walkers!

Just found - Bures pit - POCUK meet 02.09.07. (see forum) should fulfill all of your mucky urges! Though , in my opinion rock sliders and good tyres are recomended! May be worth a day away?

See forum...
offroaddriver

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

put me and sophie down for both of the routes please.

if there is a lane on route which is the most hardest, impossible, mud bogging, winching lane that no one wants to try, can we please give it a go? Laughing

my new paj is in need of heavy mud!
tom
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Mega-Meet 2007 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: