2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Green lanes v Pay and Play

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Green Lanes or Pay and Play
Green Lanes
62%
 62%  [ 28 ]
Pay and Play
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Both
28%
 28%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 45

bhrkp1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for the lanes, find it more fun and see more scenery, god I must be getting old  Confused

I found that the pay and play sites I did more damage to the truck and after you've done the site thats it.

South Wales last year was the best that I've ever done, lovely weather, great views, new people and places that I'd not been to before.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 16:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 17:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on the lanes at Mega Meet last year and really enjoyed it but Filey on the other hand i felt i was putting my car at far greater risk, hence why i didnt do alot at all and when i did i went upto the axles and got stuck  Twisted Evil  But based on the cheltenham run i would vote for lanes, i probably will try laning again this year sometime, if only to try these new tyres out, will have to see, just cannot afford to break anything, oh and there must be a jet wash nearby  Laughing
mistabushi
Events rep (South Wales)
Events rep (South Wales)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhrkp1 wrote:
I voted for the lanes, find it more fun and see more scenery, god I must be getting old  Confused

I found that the pay and play sites I did more damage to the truck and after you've done the site thats it.

South Wales last year was the best that I've ever done, lovely weather, great views, new people and places that I'd not been to before.
ahhhh Exclamation  thats a nice thing to say about the route that i sorted out mate Very Happy  remind me to buy you a pint next time we meet up Wink
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Rob .... I hope you thanked Mistabushi for all the time and effort he put into sorting out the route ... so we could have a good time.   Laughing   Wink   Wink
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laning everytime tried a couple of pay and plays fun ....but for me too may nutters around with foot to the floor I prefer to concentrate on what I'm doing ...and not have to look for Incoming from any direction ....been to a couple of sites where the traffic was slower on the D 500 Evil or Very Mad  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
redneck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately both for me.
I like laning for a nice drive out in the country but it's really not off roading, after all it's on legal roads  Wink
I also like pay and play sites for a bit more of a challenge but what i really like doing is 4x4 trials events  Twisted Evil  unlike pay and play sites there's a start point and a finish point and it's a real test of driver and vehicle ability. I agree with the points people have made about not wanting to damage their vehicles which is why i have a Delica as my family vehicle (you could say shiney  Embarassed ) a MK1 paj for laning (because i don't mind it getting scratched  Laughing ) and a Suzuki SJ for trials (so i can go animal  Twisted Evil )
All bases covered  Very Happy
steveinstoke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

laning for me 2 i like the social side of the meets nice scenery no mad men in scrap yard specials to damage the paj  Shocked and i feel its a safe family day out  8)  8)
oggie1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel like a bit of a phoney voting really Embarassed As I've done neither as yet,but...As the long haired one(Wifey)gets nervous going off the drive,I'm going to say Laning as a family day out but pay and play for a lads day out(as the lads in work can't wait for some mud slinging Laughing )I can't wait to try both out Rolling Eyes

Chris Wink
mistabushi
Events rep (South Wales)
Events rep (South Wales)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsgrumpy wrote:
Hey, Rob .... I hope you thanked Mistabushi for all the time and effort he put into sorting out the route ... so we could have a good time.   Laughing   Wink   Wink
now now sarcasm will get you no where Very Happy
bhrkp1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsgrumpy wrote:

I'm sure I did on the day last time H, but even if I didn't I'll say it again now.

Thanks Scott. Great day out loved it.

It just a shame that I'm not able to make the next one. Pajero is costing abit too much at the moment from the last time off road in all that water on Salisbury.

My trailers not ready and couldn't get a B n B for just one night being bank holiday.

So I'm now going to see one of my all time hero's race on the Sunday at Silverstone.
redneck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all those interested in Pay and Play. Spongo has put a post on about Matchams (Bournemouth)
http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61088&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Wink
noiseboy72

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both for me.

Laneing for the scenary and just the occasional challenge.

Pay and play for a good old thrash  Laughing

Instruction to pay for the excessive wear caused by the Pay and Play  Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> POCUK lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: