eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Temp, Oil and Volt gauge set installed with pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Top tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shirazdrum

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:19    Post subject: Temp, Oil and Volt gauge set installed with pics Reply with quote

I never understood the mentality of trading functionality for look and the triple useless meters that Mitsubishi included with Pajeros was just getting on my nerve. Even when new, they provided no useful information, and worst still, these cars lack the most basic gauges such as volt, temperature (a real one) and oil pressure.

$30 and a few hours of cutting and fitting later, now I’m closer to what it should have been from the factory. The gauges are Sunpro, (not the prettiest but they do work and seem to be accurate), and I used the original box to fit everything in. The only difficulty was finding a metric adapter for the oil sending unit, which was impossible so I hacked up a few fittings and made it work. The backing is a very thick textured rubber in case you’re wondering.

I decided to use the oil pressure sending unit in the location of the oil light switch and it works fine. All I need to know is that my pump is working and it does that. For coolant temp gauge, I used an inline adapter so I have the original temp gauge and the new one as well.

Hope this helps or motivate those who are tired of looking at their dried out inclinometer.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

venn105
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Cool seems to becoming a more popular mod and of use too Exclamation

I left my useless incl as i like it Embarassed  Laughing i fitted my gauges  lower down.
AshGun

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice looking job,  Cool

I had intended going for the lower fix under the din slots but seeing your professional looking finish I'm undecided again,  Confused
ian.pajero

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job, I like  Very Happy
shirazdrum

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I really like it and it gives me peace of mind knowing what's going on under the hood (bonnet for most of you Smile . If you do decide to buy the Sunpro gauges, Amazon (US version) has them, otherwise eBay should do. One word of caution about lighting the gauges; don't use the dimmer wires as the dimmer runs on negative and if you, it will disable the dimmer for your dash as the Sunpro lights are ground negative.

Cheers,

Chris
Andy1966

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job looks really cool too i fitted a sun pro volt meter to ours i used a pillar mount for ours i got from work perks of the job free of charge our paj doesnt have the dail set up on the dash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Top tips All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: