Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Immobiliser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avinitlarge

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 23:40    Post subject: Immobiliser Reply with quote

What the best immobiliser to get? When my insurance pays up I am going to fit a really good one, I want something that disables more than the Fuel shut off and starter. Its easy to start a diesel with out the key even if it has an immobiliser. I was thinking about a secondary fuel shut off that goes inline with the fuel supply to the pump, Is there such a thing??
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 23:40    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

blackeagle
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you mate as i know you had your motor nicked recently, mines got a cat1 alarm/immob fitted.  Dealer i bought it from pulls a relay under bonnet (not sure which one tho  Embarassed ) to stop them been nicked off his forecourt.

Mine won't come out of park without the key in - course i'm not bashing it around to make it.

Perhaps a crooklock between the gear lever and handbrake might help.  Not easy to get off, keeps the transmission locked, and highly visible as a deterrent too.

Keep yer chin up, i hope your luck improves matey  Wink
nemesis
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

did your old paj have any security on it??
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemesis wrote:
did your old paj have any security on it??

It had an immobiliser on it, The ignition and starter were immobilised. I can start an old style diesel engine with an immobiliser and no keys, Im not going to say how with this being a public forum, so I imagine  a good car theif car do it with there eyes closed
nemesis
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but they still had to gain access to the steering column to break the steering lock off and release the handbrake...any quality alarm system would have triggered prior to this and perhaps gained a few valuable minutes before they hot wired it and drove off.  thieves hate being disturbed..its human nature.  get a Category 1 fitted and it should make it harder for them to steal, but at the end of the day, you can have a Cat 1, tracker, fuel cut-offs and fuel valves fitted with a huge resident rottweiler ...if they come prepared with a low loader and are intent in having the vehicle, then there is not much you can do Wink
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a laserline alarm and a laserline cat 2 immobiliser on my mondeo, I must say, They have been faultless, Ive had many alarms in the past and this one has to be the best. I think i will buy the same for when I get my next pajero
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

my paj has a laserline cat 1 system in it ,twice now the passenger door lock has been forced   but the alarm has sounded as soon as the door was opened  and they have run off   i have the normal red flashing light on the dash  but it seems the theiving gits dont care about that  Crying or Very sad
Avinitlarge

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna de lock mine as soon as I get an alarm on it, Slightly Reduces the risk of it getting broken into.
Pajero Man Dan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

my next door neibours son has a 1500 Ram with a very cleaver imobiliser its a pin in the Propshaft one the imobiliser clicks in the pin releases so even if they start the truck they can't drive it the prop just spins..
ive built my own imob as well as my cobra on mine, now when the imob clicks in the auto transmission thinks its in R so won't start even if you bypass the imobiliser.
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ROLAND

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i had a clifford cat 1 fitted and also use a disklok thay are brill had it for forteen years it started to play up last week by false locking ,so i thought i would be cheeky and emailed disklok uk to ask if there are any replacement parts ,they said no its a sealed lock once fitted but offered me a new lock foc, now thats a warranty.
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the Cobra 7928 Cat 1 & Immobiliser fitted to mine, no problems with it whatsoever. Fitted and connected in all the right places as directed by your truly nemesis!  Wink  Wink

I am just waiting for extra cash to install a Universal Window Module, Shock Sensor & Tilt sensor aswell, so should make it safer than some.

But as nemesis says, a low-loader and a prepared gang with some guts, and your truck is gone!

(I think it was this that made me install an infra-red cctv camera outside with 24hr record outside aswell! Laughing  Laughing  Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: