QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mmcs sat nav changing of

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read above to see where i am at the moment.  i have now got the temperature readout working, but still out by a few seconds on the satnav, which equates to about 0.5miles.  i did try splicing in an external gps receiver from my navman, but that still gave the same reading, but holds satiltes better.

would like to get satnav working but not to bothered, happy with the rest though all english and working a treat.

there are different components to the mmcs but i found that it was the navunit that contained the language defaults, i can you use either my uk radio or my jap radio to control the screen.  do you have a reverse camera? and when you press the tv button on your radio does the screen change?  

also posting some pictures of your set up would help.

i was happy enough with the jap writing on the screen it was very easy to understand but the radio was a pain to figure out.

i have a copy of the intructions for the mmc if you pm me your email address i can send it to you.  it also gives a little diagram of the buttons on the jap radio.

lee.e
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 20:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

stibbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 0:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
yes i have the reverse camera that works fine and have the tv but cant get a picture but have 60 channels
how do u tune it in or cant u ?
can i replace the screen with one out of a uk shogun will that work?
or do i need the radio as well ?

sent a pm leee

cheers
stibbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to ask

any idea what the aerial is on the front bumper?
leee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re the ariel on the front bumper,  i dont know what its for, maybe a picture of it would help.  

re the tv, good to see you have the reverse camera and when you press the tv button your screen changes.

with regards to tuning in the tv you can do it using the instructions i have sent you, but it wont work because of different broadcasting signals.

what you can do is locate your tv tuner, this will then have aux inputs of the rca format so that you can plug in extra visual sources, dvd another camera etc.  personaly i think i would look on that site and search for a digital tv tuner for car use, make sure it has extra aux inputs on it.  now you can have digital tv, all you do is press the tv button on your radio turn on your new kit and hey presto, theoretically anyway.  now you have more inputs on the new kit, then maybe search for GPS RCA on that site and you'll find sat navs that can be plugged into you new kit, or look for a dvd player, so long as they output in ntsc the choice is endless, the only problem you'll have is finding the room for it all. Very Happy

only draw back, you will then have to stick with everything as is regarding your original jap setup. even if you find a navi box like i did, when you load up the software for it, it wont look for tv tuners or reverse cameras.  small price to pay though. id rather be in your position than mine.  but if you want to swap for my system you'll be more than welcome. Twisted Evil
stibbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thanx for that leee
im not very up on th tec thing but would this work?

cheers
leee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the type of thing, make sure it outputs in ntsc, but try to find your tuner first and plug in portable dvd player to make sure it all works as it should, before you spend any money on it.  also i took a look at your mitsi and you have a different type of mmc to mine so best of luck with the project.  

it should be the same type of set up for using the rca's as it is on the newer versions.

lee.e
stibbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again
would this work ?

thanx
stibbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres the reverse camera tv sat nav set up
leee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tuner should look like a small metal box probably with some square plugs on it and inputs that look like the ones on the side of your telly, the red yellow and white type, which are rca.

it is located on the big boys car (lwb)   on the left as you open the back door where the seventh seat hinges into the floor.  you could chase back the leads off you camera though as they should go there.

probably hidding by some trim, try the plastic trims above the rear wheel arches, they do locate them all over the place, thats why it may be quicker to chase back the camera cable.
stibbs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

will the camera have 3 wires going to it?
there is 3 wires going into the back door they are all joined togeather
they go up into the roof
then it looks like they come down the pasenger side windscreen pillar
and into the back of the dash
but cant see anything else
leee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

on your car i dont know where it is, the cables you refer to maybe the radio/tv reception cables, i have three like it coming from my back windows.

you'll just have to start stripping out trim until you find it.  there is a guy on that site who is selling digital tv fitted and working working for a few hundred pounds.  try googling soarer tv or drive and view for more options.

me i'm a little tight and would rather find the tuner myself to fit the auxillaries to.

maybe someone else has the three door and can help?  any takers?

if its a wet weekend and you have garage it'll be the excuse you need to get out of the house   Wink
stibbs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

would there be only 1 wire going the the rear camera?
leee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on how many cores it had, i doubt it though because the power to the camera will interfere withe signal/picture.  so i would say at least 2 at most 4
elalme

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stibb  I also had a 2 door jap import and also  was looking for the TV tuner.
I sripped all the instrument panel chasing the cables to the nav screen and under  front seat and carpet and didnt find it.
My second guess will be the back trim under the wheel arches or maybe under the carpet in the back seat foot side.
Try  following the cables from the sat nav box under the passanger seat.

Lee, I thought the Heat button work heating the tiny wires embbebled in the back windows to defrost it from snow?

Juanf
stibbs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did u get the owners manual from leee?

did u say u had a cd/dvd player in your paj?
where is it fitted?
under the jap radio?
is there any wires under there?

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: