eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mmcs sat nav changing of

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stibbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

can the under seat unit be changed?
could u put a dvd changer there instead of the nav unit? or wont it work?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

stibbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a pic of the back of it
leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

the navi unit, radio and screen are all integrel to each other, if you were to pull the square plug out of the back of the navi, the screen will go off, if you havnt got a radio the screen will display something in japanese and do nothing, and  if you havent got the screen you can give up on the other 2.

i have changed the navi unit and radio but kept the screen,  the radio has all your normal connections then another plug with about a dozen connections and then a din type plug with another dozen or so.

sly if your after a radio get in touch with your local import supplier to see if they take them out before selling the car.

the thing with the bay you have to be patient, i waited several months before i got what i needed.

Stibbs this is your last chance to get those pictures of the tv tuner on this thread, or i'm telling teacher.     Crying or Very sad
sly666

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

leee wrote:
the radio has all your normal connections then another plug with about a dozen connections and then a din type plug with another dozen or so.

Did you say the screen uses composite video signal? Did you have a diagram of what pins do what on these plugs?
I reken the din type plug will be the video signal as its shielded.
stibbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

waiting for my freeview box to arrive from bad bay  Wink
then ill get a few pics up on here
leee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

the display uses rgb input with syncs, dont know if its only v sync or h sync as well

here is a site that has a break down of pin outs on another mitsi display, but i dont know if their the same for each display

http://mmcs.mylivepage.com/wiki/516/418_Pinout_for_all_modules_except_TV-Tuner

if you wanted to find the wires yourself you would have to strip the outer sheath of the multi din connector then use a bulb tester on each of the cores, if you loose the red on the screen you found r and so forth for the other 2 colours, also you will know when you find the syncs because the screen will roll.

you may even be able to test the wires at the back of the screen, this way you can buy a converter and wire in that way.

if anybody attempts any of the previous, I will not be held responsible for your actions, you do so at your own risk.

sly, do you have anything on your screen at the moment?
stibbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

good site u found there leee  Wink
sly666

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. My scren displays nothing.
head unit has been removed and a kenwood jobby fitted by last owner.
I have the cd drive under the passenger seat, which is powered as I ejected the nav cd.
my cd is very scratched up though.
leee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would normally get a message in japanese if only the radio is missing.  take a look at the first couple of posts to this thread and you'll see a picture of what you should get.

maybe someone has pulled out the 2 plugs on the back of your screen, the message does get annoying.
elalme

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 18:11    Post subject: At last found a Used head unit Reply with quote

Hello again lee, I just got a used head unit, it is almost exactly as the one you showed in japanese of course, I didnt find the one exactly as the pictures I found in Internet. This unit has the same buttons except it controls only a CD and a minidisk no casset, it has the same connections as the other models in the fotos I found so I think it does the same thing.

Of course it controls also the Tv tunner that Stibbs found, I will try to take fotos this weekend.

Sly, I had the same problem you had, the previous owner lost the radio and installed a Kenwood unit, I dont know how they conected the screen, but it showwed a malfuction problem I post in the first post and lost all the AC controls, GPS, Temp reading, CD playing, reverse camera a TV Tunner.

I began this quest to repair it back to OME after looking for some time I endend buying this radio in the black market.

Now my problem is, I will be visiting my installer this weekend, I found out I need the wiring harness connector of the radio and the connectors between the headunit and the screen+ heater ocntrol I suppose.

The original wires are in the dash but they where cut when the radio was stolen so I need the wiring diagram and the whiring harness.

Anyone knows where they sell this wirin harness?

Also I found this page for the connections, I compared withe the one posted by lee and semms to go in the same direcctions, only thing is in japp

http://www.kawana.ne.jp/shp/car/mmcs/

Well, any help will be appreciated

Will tell how it went b the week end.

Bregards

Juan F
leee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey juan

take a look at the photo attached this is a radio like mine not yours, however it does fit straight in to the car with no modifications so i would say the schematic is right.

note there is no negative, it either grounds through the mounting screws or the extra plug that allows other information to pass in and out of the unit.  dont get the ground mixed up with the ILL connection, as this bells as a dead short to the chasis until you turn on the side lights. then pop goes your fuse for side light.
stibbs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the freeview tv today at last so pics will be posted tomoz of the tv tuner etc
elalme

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 20:51    Post subject: Foto Reply with quote

Thanks Lee , do you have that foto in a higher resolution?  can you send it via pm?
sly666

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eleame:
Thats the radio im trying to get hold of. Where did you find it?
stibbs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys
can i wire an indash dvd player under the heater controls i have a space there that is the same size as a single din
i was thinking i could wire it up to the original radio just to get it live and working and run the rca leads to the tv tuner to get the sound
would this work?
hope u understand what im on about lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: