2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mmcs sat nav changing of

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stibbs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

more
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 20:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sly you first.

the round din type plug on the back of your navi unit (cd rom thingy) is for data comms and picture carry to the radio.  so where you have your picture of the jungle behind your radio you should see the other side of this cable in there, another round din plug type.  someone may have tucked it right down low.

secondly, i beleive the navi unit has the two din type plugs on the for a> what i said above and b> to allow the tv tuner to e plugged into it.  i have seen a few pics of the back of these units now to have a very good/bad feeling that is what the extra din is for.  all i have seen with the extra din have a tv tuner.

in answer to your cant we just wire in with a bit of jiggery, you would need a rgb converter and the drawings for the back of the display.  

remember i pm'd you about that auction item, well thats what i got, see the beginning ish of this thread to see it up and running.   or you could hold out and hope to eventually find a jap unit and have the standard jap setup.  

also in the back of the radio plugs a standard radio type molex plug, you know speakers power antenna etc then the square white plug you have a close up of and of the round din type plug.

now you stibbs   hello1

if you use a dvd player that has fm radio built in then it will be harder to incorperate into your setup.

you can get single din dvd players that dont have all the extras which you already have, they just have power lines and rca outputs.  easy.  but like you say if you dont like the wiring, then watch out if you try to wire into the radio loom, which i dont recommend anyway, there is no nuetral, you will have to ground it to the chasis.
stibbs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the bottom of the tv tuner i have a spare din plug can i use this for any thing?
like the ones on the back of the navi box under the seat
leee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

could possibly be for a cd multi changer?
stibbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvd/mp3 multi changer would be nice  Wink
leee

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

err probably not   Confused

just your standard mitsi cd multis, have look where your not allowed to post links to.    Rolling Eyes

but make sure you google the changer to make sure its compatible with your system.   Cool
sly666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leee or Stibs,
Do you know if the LCD screen is the same size as a double din unit? It looks about right?

Will this fit in its replacment?
Im working away from home this week so cant pop out to measure it up.

I realy dont want to loose out on getting my heater controlls to show on my existing screen, but begining to think it too much messing about to get it to work properly.
sly666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I converted the link posted earlier in this toplic from japanese to english and it seems to show that pin 8 of the 13 pin din plug between the cd rom unit (called Nabiyunitto in the translation!) and the head unit as "video" could this be a composite video as opposed to RGB signal? Its shows RGB on the other plug, but only the "G" is labeled as Video????

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kawana.ne.jp%2Fshp%2Fcar%2Fmmcs%2F&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

I cant realy make any sense of the pin out on this page

http://mmcs.mylivepage.com/wiki/516/418_Pinout_for_all_modules_except_TV-Tuner

It doesnt seem to show the 13 pin din plugs.
leee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

sly

the unit is probably double din, i know it would fit under the lcd screen in the paj, if you move the heater controls to the lower single din down by the gear selector.

this does however obscure the tops of the dials slightly.  i have done this and dont mind.

then where your radio is and heater controls were is now a double din size hole.   if you were to remove the lcd screen from the paj then you would have to some modding of the binnacle because the paj screen is smaller.

right now for some confusing stuff, mitsi din type plugs have 20 pins on one side and 13 pins on the other side, if you look at the drawings for both ends on the link you provided then you will see the r and b syncs.

dont give up just yet on your system,  i will be soon dont know when be putting my jap radio on the market, so hold fire.
stibbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

leee how did u get the trim off to move your heaters i cant remove the gear stick to get to this trim?
cheers
leee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt

i loosened the trims as best as, then put the ignition on and moved the selector to drive then across to trip and held it back, ignition on mind and not engine, otherwise it might get even trickier Laughing

it is a fiddle but i mangaged to squeeze it all through/over/in/out.

on the back of the heater control is a pipe, make sure this goes back on properly or you'll find your heater doesnt know what its doing.
stibbs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks leee
was not going to put my heaters there but wanted to fit a dvd/mp3 player there
but think u said it would not work if i wire it up to the tv tuner using the rca leads?
leee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i meant was, if you buy the type you were showing, then its a bit over the top because you wont use most of it.

but so long as it has, video out and audio out on it then you could just use the batt live acc live and N to power it up.
stibbs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

any pics of your set up now leee?
how come your selling your jap radio?

Wink
sly666

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

stibbs wrote:
how come your selling your jap radio?

For the needy  Wink  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: