Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mmcs sat nav changing of

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stibbs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres no 12v power outlet in the boot  Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 23:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

stibbs

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i got it done today and its working fine
well sort of cant get all the channels because of poor reception
and i dont like the aerail that came with the freeview box

any way i can use the aerail that goes to the tv tuner?

the aerail that goes to the tv tuner is square and has 2 wires going to it
the freeview is the round type like on a normal tv

cheers
bigyarr

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:32    Post subject: i found a site Reply with quote

i found a site that sells ntsc/pal to rgb encoder http://www.converters.tv/products/pal_to_rgb/43.html   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would you use this in the paj   Question

the page the link goes to shows the converter and board, but the voltages are 110v or 220v that might be a tad high and of the wrong shape, ie ac isntead of dc.

but i might not be looking hard enough

also as an update i have fitted a 10 disc changer off of the bay fitted into the cubby hole in the boot power already there, just plugged it in to my navi control and rebooted. works a treat. also have a reverse camera fitted to motorised screen, which comes on at command, also now have the option of fitting more av equipment to it.

but alas i've had to put the paj in the a*express, my boy was in tears when he found out it had to go, i was nearly too.  just to many miles a year travelled in it.
stibbs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

so your selling your paj leee?
leee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep! shes got to go.

and i've become more than a little attached to it.   Crying or Very sad

the wife wont let me have 2 cars
stibbs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

shame  Sad
jimmerz

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 19:24    Post subject: mmcs Reply with quote

Hi just bought my second pajero, went from a 1992 2,5 lwb to a 2001 3.5 v6 lwb.
Obviously everything is in jap. I need the reboot disk for mr359980 for a start. I am on the case at the mo and hopefully wont be long before i get one, has anyone got one please????

My system does not have any cameras just the screen, head unit which is the same as the one in the pics, and the disk drive with a japanese nav disk.

Anyway I have looked for a tv tuner and there is not one. what do i need to make the tv work as there is no jap existing one to plug one into? If i bought one where would I plug it into? and what tuner would I need to get?

I know about the launguage issues and im not sure how far I am going to go before i am happy with it !!
Knowing me I will not stop, so any one who has been in my possition before I would be grateful for any help or advice
Well here goes the begining of my mmcs mission! I hope someone can help out there......

Jim
jimmerz

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where i could find my tv tuner if I have one? Thanks
leee

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

look through the posts, stibbs shows you where it is.
alembic

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, my 1999 pajero V78's MMCS head unit is spoiled (some power IC is overheated) already, but the LCD screen is still working fine. Now I need the wiring diagram of the back of the LCD socket, so that I can convert/connect it to the new DVD player. Any helps is very much appreciated. Thanks first.
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Does anyone try to fit MMC audio/nav sat unit to 2001. LWB UK Shogun 3.2 DID GLS version? I have only LCD display for temp,heating,radio settings.
Any help will be much appreciated!
radiomike

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKI wrote:
Hi
Does anyone try to fit MMC audio/nav sat unit to 2001. LWB UK Shogun 3.2 DID GLS version? I have only LCD display for temp,heating,radio settings.
Any help will be much appreciated!

AFAIK 2000-2006 UK Shoguns were never fitted with a combined audio/satnav, only a dealer fit add on sat nav with replacement display that cost £2k and was not the best.  Later Elegance versions had it as standard.  My suggestion would be to re-locate the heater controls to the DIN slot in the front of the centre console and fit a double DIN Kenwood or similar unit in place of the existing radio/heater controls.  You will get an excellent radio, CD with MP3, Bluetooth and nav in one unit.  The existing display will still show heater/fan/temp display but you will lose the features available from the existing radio DISP button.

The MMCS unit from a 2007> model works well apart from only accepting 5 digits of a postcode but I have never tried to fit one to an early model. Price may also be a problem, they are nearly £6k new Shocked

A cheaper option would be to simply replace the existing radio with a single DIN unit with a motorised screen but Bluetooth and nav would be add ons.
carnut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 19:04    Post subject: MMCS 1998 MR438853-BH => english version? Reply with quote

Hello Leee and others,
I'm suitably impressed with your progress an wonder if you or others could assist me.
My brother in Cyprus bought a 1999 pajero-io with a japanese radio system and small LCD screen (about 5cmx12cm or so)
The system i all in Japanese, but we managed to figure out some of the button functions, since my fiancee is Chinese and can read some of it. Then a colleague of mine works in Tokyo and got the final translations.
It has this CD unit below the drivers seat (RH side) from which I extracted a CD MR438853-BH (1988 11). We are not yet certain if the "drive" is actually attached to the rest of the system.
However, we would like to get it changed to English if at all possible.
Would you or anyone else know if that's possible and what CD would be needed, and how would one go about it?
Thanks
Will
VIKI

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many THX radio mike any advice on sat nav? any particular model,brand with good cost/quality ratio?? If you may direct me where to look for...I don't intend to get himself ripoff from main MMC dealer.
I was thinking about buying mobile with Gps sensor and big screen and fit this as nav sat system,something like HTC HD2? Any advice ideas about that?
Any help much appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: