Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rate Sureterm Direct

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate Sureterm Direct Insurance
Excellent - will be hard to beat!
35%
 35%  [ 28 ]
Very good
21%
 21%  [ 17 ]
Average
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Below par
36%
 36%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 79

CornishBoyInDevon
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to add that after a cheque was issued for the book value (not enough to buy a replacement), they neglected to inform Fleet Services so after hiring a car myself for 11 days at a cost of about £400, I still had an unused courtesy car sat around so I had to chase them for this to be collected.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 0:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

melonhigh

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 18:08    Post subject: Sureterm insurance Reply with quote

Been with Sureterm for three years now. Last year I paid £256 fully comp. This years's quote, exactly the same details, .......£1916!!!!!
What's going on?
GreenPaj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 16:21    Post subject: Re: Sureterm insurance Reply with quote

melonhigh wrote:
Been with Sureterm for three years now. Last year I paid £256 fully comp. This years's quote, exactly the same details, .......£1916!!!!!
What's going on?

Tell me about it, I have had the same thing, I think the insurance companies are a complete law to their own they just seem to make it up as they go along!! I have to make the dreaded calls next week to insure the Paj, the latest quote for Sureterm has gone up 300% on last years quote!! How do they work that one out??  Evil or Very Mad
elv

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just insured my 2.8 swb with sureterm for a great price of £348 fully comp and that is with my partner as the policy holder  and me as a named driver . She's only held her licence for 5 years and has only 1 years no claims discount.
It would have been a lot cheaper but I couldnt insure it in my name as I have my partners Range Rover insured in my name with my 10 years NCB so we had to use her no claims.
They also gave me 10% discount for being a member of POCUK.

Cheapest quote I had from 3 different comparison websites was £570 (most expensive was over £2000 !!) so a pretty major saving!

Well chuffed  thumbright
kalross

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a Sureterm quote for reference as my insurance will be up for renewal in a few months.  Cheapest ₤3865 (bout 400 last time).  I will have to sell my shoggy if this is the case.  Criminal F-wit insurance companies.  Never made a claim, neither has my missus!

K
kalross

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cheap insurance for past two years was brokered by Sureterm and provided by EIG.  EIG don't appear on any of the quotes now...so I wonder if they've gone out of business or stopped doing 4x4 insurance.

K
Steve Wheeler

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just canceled my Sureterm insurance,having sold my 2.8 swb Pajero, was told by Sureterm to return all document,which i did, i was assured that upon receipt Sureterm would refund approx £180-00pounds,also confirm my 7 years no claims bonus.

Todate......I have spent 35 minutes waiting for Surterm to answer a phone to no avail, also attempted to send 3 emails however the address shown on Surterm letter heading is not recognized by the server.

Has anybody had similar problem/experience with this company?

Perhaps CAUTION should be the watchword !!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Steve.

UPDATE>>>.....10/April/2012.

It has now been 14 days since i canceled my insurance cover, having spent yet another 2 hours trying to get somebody from Sureterm to answer a phone !!! Warning....do not call/use the premium number shown on the letter heading paper 0845 2020230 they still dont answer....plus it cost me a fortune on the phone bill....today i used the free phone number 0800 9992030.....they still dont answer, however, at least its a free call.

Todate i have sent 4 x emails..Cancellations @ Sureterm.com.....none have been acknowledged.
1 x Fax message...0845 2020250.....no response.

I'm now going direct to the insurance company .... Enterprise Insurance Company plc, that are based in Gibraltar........00 350 200 50150......hopefully somebody will answer the pone !!! I wont hold my breath.

Should this fail the next step will be Financial Ombudsman Service, all this for a refund of approx £180 pounds plus more to the point proof of my 7 years no claims bonus!!!

SURETERM DIRECT..........NEVER AGAIN.

UPDATE >>>....14/April/2012.

19 days since i canceled my insurance cover,several more emails,plus a letter from my solicitor (The wife) it's amazing what a legal letter heading paper will achieve !!!!!!!

Today received my one and only email to date from SURETERM requesting the return of my Insurance Certificate, yes thats right the same one i sent them 19 days ago !!! still no confirmation regards my NCD, however, my new insurance company have agreed to accept a previous letter confirming 6 years no claims.

SURETERM have also confirmed a rebate of £177.47 after cancellation fees, only problem is .....i have to phone them on 0845 2020230....premium rate number with my card details, doubtless I'll get the same response as last time...nobody will answer the phone !!!!

SURETERM DIRECT......USELESS.

UPDATE>>>>19/April/2012.

24 days since cancellation of insurance cover,have today received confirmation of my 7 years NCB !!!!!

Still no refund however, I'm not surprised considering it's taken SURETERM four weeks to send a four line letter !!  doubtless to transfer monies from their account to mine will prove to much ........watch this space.(Lesson learned....pay your insurance premium by monthly standing order)

UPDATE>>>>21/April/2012.

Finally received my insurance refund !!!!

WITH THE ABOVE SAGA I DO HOPE THAT NOBODY FROM (POCUK) EVER HAS TO CLAIM ON THIS INSURANCE COMPANY !!!!!

Cheers

And Good-by

Steve.

Last edited by Steve Wheeler on Sun Apr 22, 2012 20:15; edited 4 times in total
kalross

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds ominous.  Not being able to offer cheap quotes could affect business for them.  Note they are only a broker and the actual insurance is provided by somebody else.  Maybe contact the insurer???
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to hand it these guys, they certainly know what they are doing as they leave the others in the dark. Just had my renewal £209 fully comp with full breakdown cover thumbleft
kalross

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it back...268 quid TPFT

I love Suretern!

K
shogun14

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 21:12    Post subject: avoid sureterm Reply with quote

please please be careful with sureterm direct my policy ended 17th march 2012,despite loads of phone calls and letters got a repky back today 4th june 2012,that they couldnt send me my ncd as there was an outstanding balance of £23.41,strange as i paid monthly,so rang them as they also sent me a new policy for a shogun i dont own,was told they have updated there computer system and had to look on there old system,complete and utter wxxkers!!
Rollback

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will not use agian as they never ring you back and demand extra money for there mistakes

bandhead  bandhead  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
smudgeMcr
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got hit with a renewal of 1600 quid from Sureterm Direct!
My postcode has become the Bronx overnight...
Cheapest I can find is 1000 quid with Adrian Flux.
Looks like I'll be selling soon...
alan9362

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

smudgeMcr wrote:
Just got hit with a renewal of 1600 quid from Sureterm Direct!
My postcode has become the Bronx overnight...
Cheapest I can find is 1000 quid with Adrian Flux.
Looks like I'll be selling soon...

Dunno about the Bronx, more like Syria  Shocked  Shocked  

Have you tried a local broker as i got quotes that maxed about £1800 for my LWB in the end i got mine down to £950, but i had 0 NCB... Confused
MadWoman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 17:49    Post subject: Sureterm direct? Only if there's no other choice!! Reply with quote

Hmmm, I was insured with EIG through Sureterm direct last year, am coming up to renewal in November so they sent me the usual renewal bumpf...

On calling them yesterday to ask them something, I found that they just wanted to push me legal cover, which I already have on my house insurance and know amount of saying "no i'll leave it" made a difference... he eventually agreed and then tried repeating the money side of it all back and snook the bloomin legal cover in AGAIN!! Which I had to snap at him about and say "is that the same legal cover I said specifically, more than once, that I didn't actually need?!!" Only then did he took it off!!  Rolling Eyes

In the middle of my current policy I called to tell them that I had installed new central locking and alarm, I received renewal docs today that refer to the manufacturer apparently installed Mitsubishi diamond elite 4 security 2 weeks before I bought the car! (Randomly, I mean, that would be clever of me to do that before I'd even bought it!!), so that means if I don't cancel in my 14 day cooling off they'll try charging me for amending it. And they charged me £50 last year for my change of reg plate so I dont fancy another charge like that because they made some rubbish up and printed it!!

Please, correct me if I'm wrong too, but according to this stuff received today they charge £10 for cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period, I thought that was wrong. Isn't it supposed to be your right to cancel without charge in a 14 day cooling off period???

I'd like to be able to be covered for green laning as I live near a little one I use on the way to the shop (lol), can anyone recommend a decent company that listen to what they're told?!! Please?!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: